Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My Journey Begins


Completed Week One:  11-19-14
 
It has been one week today that I began my journey.  First I must give thanks to my two cousins for encouraging me to join them on this journey.  I thank God for Hope.  I have renewed Hope in my health.  I had given up any hope of feeling better.  I must report that on Saturday, this past weekend, 3 days after beginning 90 for Life I had a same day appointment at my doctor’s office.  Two important things happened to me that day; 1- I got to weigh in and 2 my blood pressure was taken.  Well my weight was high but not as high as I had lead myself to believe.  You see I sabatoge my myself with fear and negative thoughts.  I had thought I had gotten to my highest weight and I had not.  So this was so encouraging to me.  Now I am not the type of girl that enjoys going to the doctor I always fear the worse, you see I suffer my depression and anxiety; Major Depression.  So I feared for the worse when it came to my blood pressure; the nurse took my pressure and said to me ‘your blood pressure is better than mine’ at first I sat in amazement and disbelief.  I then asked her what is it, she said 127/84.  I was thrilled, thrilled, and overwhelmed with joy.  I had noticed that I was feeling better day by day, but I had to go to the doctor because it was time for my high blood pressure medication.  I rejoiced, then the dr came in sat down and engaged with me to determine how I was feeling.  I love my doctor he is an encouraging type of guy, he sticks to the books and writes prescriptions, I don’t fault him this is how he was taught and how he makes his living.  He said to me ‘how do you feel’ I said I feel good.  You see somewhere in those records he read how I have anxiety and depression and how he had on the last apt. referred me to see a therapist.  We locked eyes and he knew I was feeling better, he took my word for it.  He then began to engage with me in small talk about the Browns and what I planned to do this weekend.  You see he nothing medically to say or recommend to me.  As he checked my heart I told him I was taking fish oil pills he didn’t say nay or yea but I know he knew I had figured out some type of secret to my health.  I know he is not a wholistic doctor but I wanted him to know that I was doing something good for myself.  I went that day on 3 medications and left out on only 2.  You see he took me off my water pill.  I was elated.  He asked me if I wanted to come back in 3 or 6 months to begin to do female type of exams, I agreed and said 3 months would be find. 

 

I left out of his office that day feeling empowered knowing I had made an excellent choice for myself.  Recap after taking high blood pressure pills for over 2 years I now after 3 days of taking my new vitamins and minerals I was off one medication.  It is expensive but it is worth it.  I am worth it.  I am sure I have lost a few pounds I can feel it but I have not weighed in since Saturday and I am not.  You see I know appreciate my health in a different way.  You see I felt as if I was dying day by day.  My mental state and physical state were imbalanced.  The vitamins and minerals that enter my body help reduce my appetite, give me energy, and has reduced my anxieties and depressed mood.  I call it as I see it.  Make no mistake God is the focus of all of this.  He has allowed me to find what I needed to help me on my journey.  He knew that I had given up on life and was getting up daily only to exist.   Only to go to work, stop at fast food on my way home, eat it in the car, go into my home lay down and call it a day.  God wants more of me, he wants me to enjoy the life he has given.  God has never left me, he understands my struggle like no other.  God has been my friend to uplift me and keep me moving forward.  He has a purpose for my life. 

I have begun to enjoy being me again.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment