Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014


                                                     RIP Oscar Jacob

Feeling Today

I continue to be thankful for life and good health.  This morning at 4:00 a.m.  my phone woke me up.  At this time of night you know the call may not be good.  I received news that my cousin Oscar Jacob had passed away.  I am grateful that he gave his life to Christ.  He was a man who loved his family.  The last time I saw him was at my mother's Home Going.  He got up and said some good words about my mother's life and influence on him.  This is the kind of man he was, a good, good family man.  He will be missed so much !

___________________

Anytime there is death I grieve, anytime I grieve, I mean anytime.  I also connect with the family that is left. After my son passed away I stopped watched the news on local television.  There was too much death and bad things in the news.  Gradually I have begun to connect to the news, last evening I saw the verdict of Mike Brown indictment.  I felt for the parents and the family.  They did not receive the justice they felt they deserved.  I understand the young men that murdered my son, were sentenced to prison but not a lot of time.  People began to tell me, that's not fair, I had to tell family and friends, it was ok.  God would handle the situation.  I could not go into that zone of unfairness I had enough on my plate, I was trying to clear my plate.  So I hope the Brown Family can begin to move forward and forgive.  Now my issue arise daily, it rises in my mood and my physical health.  For the past 2 weeks I have been feeling physically better.  For this I am grateful.  Today I am feeling and sitting here I am dealing with my feelings.  Remembering my love ones and knowing that death is a part of the cycle of life.  God loves us all and calls us home.  While I am here on earth I want to plant seed of love and create wonderful memories.  I am careful how I talk to others and how I behave because this is what people see in me.  I want others' to see the good to see the God in me. 

Oscar I miss you already. I know your struggle and you worked through your struggles.  Hopefully the rest of us left here will do the same.  Love U cuz !

No comments:

Post a Comment