Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Well Done My Good and Faithful Servant|Monica Bellamy

Monica Bellamy RIP
                                                   
                               Funeral Services are scheduled for Saturday, June 9th
                                         at 11:00 a.m. (10:00 a.m. family hour), located at 
                                         Church of the Lord Jesus Christ - 404 Ceasar Chevez, 
                                          Pontiac Drive.

I have not blogged in a few days as I had not been inspired.  As you know writing for me is therapeutic.  So I am writing this for me and prayfully you will be blessed by it.
_________________________________________________________________


Lord Bless Our Family !  Bless the many friends of the family !  Give us peace Lord as we prepare for the upcoming services.  Lord Your Will Lord !
_________________________________________________________________
As you may know, or not know, My cousin Monica has gone on to be with the Lord.  Since I heard the news on Sunday I have been almost in a zombie like state.  I am in shock and disbelief.  Since Sunday I have continued to go to work and trying to stay on my normal day routine as possible.  

I am talking with friends about this loss and trying to sort it all out.  There are two things I am dealing with.  One being my feelings, like am I being selfish because I keep thinking I will not see her again, I will not have fun with her anymore.  We loved the same people.  When my mother was sick I knew she loved my mother and prayed for her healing.  She and my mother were cool like that.  We loved things that were beautiful, whether it was fashion, home decor.  We were ride or die.

Monica and I shared common interest, she was the person in this world who was most like me.  We love to do decor, we loved to make jewelry, we were both social workers, we both agreed on others that we discussed.  We had very like minds.  So I enjoyed her company.  I was always excited when I knew she was coming to Cleveland or we were going to Michigan.  I don't have that anymore.  I don't want to be selfish in my thinking.  I loved her ..............

Two I think about her and the dreams she had.  The conversations we had about her dreams and want she wanted to do in life.  Then I am saddened because her dreams cannot be fulfilled.  I feel bad because she wanted to do so much more.

I know God ways are not like ours, and she is in a better place, and to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.  So I know she is in excellent hands.  When I think in this way I rejoice in my heart knowing she is free now, in a glorified body.  I have even been wondering if she sees my mother and Chris and if they are rejoicing in the Lord together.  If they are talking about us the family and friends left here on earth.

So I will continue to miss her but in a good way.  I have the hope and faith in a God that is big, one who rules above all, and a loving God.  So I am at peace knowing I will see her again.

My conversations with friends have been long, actually for hours at a time.  I probably have worn out their ears.    Seeking out God in all this has helped me dig deeper and has built me up in my walk with the Lord.  I know my time on earth is only for a short time, and while I am here I will serve the Lord for I will have life in eternity with the Lord.

 I am here for a purpose and I have been blessed in a way in which God has revealed my purpose.  I will walk in His will, even if it is difficult and I don't understand.  I will do His will.  When the Lord calls me home I want to know He is pleased with the gift of life He gave me.


No comments:

Post a Comment