Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Monica Bellamy RIP - LOVE YOU

                                       RIP Monica - I loveYou

                               Funeral Services are scheduled for Saturday, June 9th
                                         at 11:00 a.m. (10:00 a.m. family hour), located at 
                                         Church of the Lord Jesus Christ - 404 Ceasar Chevez, 
                                          Pontiac Drive.
 
                                                   
Monica Bellamy, of Auburn Hills/Southfield, Michigan, was my cousin, she was much more to me than a cousin more like a little sister.   I was about 10 years old when she was born,  she was the first grandchild of my aunt.  At that time she was the family's baby, and we spoiled her and to this day she holds a special place in heart of her family.   She loved her family and was always available to offer support and guidance.

As a woman she had many gifts; jewelry designer, event planner, special event decor.  Two weekends ago she did a beautiful candy station at a friend's graduation party.  Photos below show her most recent event decor.  She was so proud, as soon as she got home she called me and sent me photos.  We shared some of the same gifting so we would also share ideas about decor.  She also had an excellent eye for interior design.

She held a master's degree in social work.  She worked for the State of Michigan her entire professional career. She loved her career choice and worked hard to help the community of the homeless in Michigan.

She enjoyed cruises and would take a cruise or two every year.  She made a point of celebrating her birthday on a cruise ship.  She made life long friendships from her travels.

Most of all she LOVED the Lord.  She had values that I admired.  She practiced purity in her walk with the Lord.  She served in her church; developed her church's bookstore and coffee shop.  She loved her church family and was a founder member of Annointed Voices of Praise.

I love you Monica !  RIP

FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS OF YOUR MEMORIES !


16 comments:

  1. Monica and her mom both sang in our Community Choir- Anointed Voices of Praise. We love them and we will miss Monica she was a founding member and officer and always had a smile and an encouraging word. She was our own MoniBell.

    Anointed Voices of Praise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she was so sweet. I called her Monibell too.
      She talked about the Annointed Voices and we would sing many of the songs together. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I was fortunate enough to know Monica. I worked at an organization that she was responsible for monitoring in her capacity with the State. I always knew Monica to be a special, thoughtful and kind person. Although I haven't spoken to her in awhile (I moved out of the state), I always considered her a dear friend. I will miss her dearly and will keep her family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for sharing. She was very thoughtful and special. Keep us in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also was very fortunate and blessed to work with Monica over the past several years in her role at the state. Her energy and smile was contagious. And her style....she was always rockin the greatest shoes! She was passionate and excited about her work and truly cared about assisting individuals and families experiencing homelessness. The field of work has lost a true champion and advocate. My thoughts and prayers are with her family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your memories. She did wear some awesome shoes. Last month she was shopping and texted me a photo of a pair to get my thoughts. They were awesome.
      She did work passionately to help the homeless.

      Delete
  5. I knew Monica through her job. Every encounter I have had with Monica over the past four years has been enlightening and enriching. She will be missed by many in the Homeless serving communities across the nation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. She will be missed by all she touched and touch her. Again thanks

      Delete
  6. I have known Monica since 2003. Monica was a great person. She was always joyful and smiling. She worked for the State of Michigan as a program administrator. Her job responsibilities included overseeing programs at nonprofit agencies designed to help the homeless and mentally ill people obtain services for housing, medical treatment and other assistance. Monica was especially well known and admired in the human services community as a dedicated professional.

    Monica and I also attended the same fitness club. I used to speak with her as she worked out on the treadmill.

    Monica will be truly missed.

    C. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ! She loved her career. She spoke of her work often.

    Yes we all will miss her smile and her joy for life. She encouraged me in EVERYTHING I pursued.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I met Monica when she was 14 and I had just moved to the neighborhood.She would walk past my house several times a day in the summer and I wondered where she was going.She was going to see the clerk at the drugstore, Willie!!!! We became friends that summer and it continued for more than 30 years. I was 3 years older than her and she was like my little sister and her brother Allen was and is like a brother to me. She was there when I graduated from high school and we waould spend time togetherwhen I would come home from college and my Senior year at Eastern Mich. Univ. she came and was one of my roomates in our apt. During that year we were able to really spend time together and cement or friendship. She was with me later that year when I met the man I would marry when we went to Atlanta for Spring break. In 1993 when we had our 1st child she was there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! I am glad she was special to you too. This helps me so much. I love and miss her so much. There have been times when I want to call her and realize she is gone. I am glad you have good memories of her.

      Delete
  9. So sad to hear of this....my condolences to the family. Monica will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I met Monica Bellamy back in 1988 off the campus of Eastern Michigan University at a welcome back ice breaker event. Over the past 7 years while Monica attend both University at EMU and U Of Michigan. We became the best of friends we had that love and hate kind of friendship at first. Monica and her roommates could called and asked for any favor and I would do it. But Monica was my favor she had a smile that always made me say YES. Monica U will always have a special place in my Heart. Memories are Forever My heart still aches in sadness, And secret tears still flow for you. What it meant to lose you as a special lady friend, No one will ever know. I would have held closer If I had known. I wish i'd spent more time with you. Mother Doris I am so sorry for your lose. May God Be With You.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I met Monica through work back in 2004, and we ended up dating for several months. We spoke on and off until 2010, and then we lost contact. A few weeks ago she showed up as one of my suggested friends on Facebook and I was happy until I clicked on the page, and saw that her page was created not by her, but simply as a gathering place to those she left behind. She was here for a brief season, but she touched so many, and I hope she's somewhere smiling on all she surveys, because she did such a good job of that when she was here...

    ReplyDelete