Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 3 - God was in the Mix

Day 3 – God was in the Mix

Today has been a blessing to me and for this I am grateful ! Lord you surround me with friends that are so encouraging. Please allow me to be the same type of friend to others.

Last evening, prayer service was awesome. I was able to cry out to God in corporate prayer. Thank you Lord. My Life Group – Celebrate Recovery was super awesome. I am loving the word of God and the women of God in the group. I missed two weeks during the wedding and my aunt’s funeral. Thank you Lord for getting me right back on track.

Yesterday was special to me I was able to enjoy my 3 meals and honor God and glorify Him for providing for me. I mentioned in yesterday’s blog that I had no lunch and he provided me with a salad from a coworker/good friend. Awesome, it was a basic salad which worked for my plan. During Life Group there were snacks but God gave me the strength to pass. When I got home I enjoyed my meal oh much better, I prayed over it and enjoyed each and every bite of it. It is nice to know I can keep my eyes on my own plate and eat the meals I have planned out for myself. I was offered a cookie on my way out of church, there have been times when I would have picked up 2, I passed them up not because of the calorie intake, but because I have made a decision to not eat sugar or flour, and I am working to keep my promise. There was Victory in that moment of denying the cookie. I have denied myself of foods before, because I have lost 54 lbs since March 1st, but there was something different about this time. The difference was God was in the mix.

I truly love my NCBF family, really, really, really, really Godly people. Our leadership is so great, God pours into them and it spreads like wild fire. I receive the Love of NCBF and offer love to others.

I may have to start my 90 on Monday. If so I am cool with it. Very cool with it. So if you see me back to Day 1 it is ok. I have not been able to touch base with my sponsor so I these days may not count, but they count as far as putting me back on track and focusing and causing me to lean on the Lord !

Thanking God for my accountability partners, awesome women of God. I talked with one yesterday after work and we are moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment