Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Alright it is Day 1 again ! – Relying on God

Alright it is Day 1 again ! – Relying on God

I have another day to bless someone else. I am praying that today will be the day I will be able to reach out and bless others. Lord give me peace throughout the day and allow your glory to shine through me.

My day started off well, I gave God the glory early before I got up. I am so grateful to the God I serve for delivering me.

Today will be my official first day of abstintence. The other days were not official because I had not touched based with my sponsor for FA. This morning at 6:45 started my day. I am excited. I had to give the sponsor my current weight and my meals for
Day 1. We had a nice discussion about food and our strengths and weaknesses.

Good news is that I have maintained my weight since the first week of August which was my official last weigh in at TI. I am so pleased with this, during this time span I have not been as focused but continued to eat in moderation and exercise, but my diet had not been as strict. Tomorrow I will weigh in at True Image (TI) and I will be on track. There has been two months of no loss, but it has been a successful time, I have eaten out at restarants (a lot), participated in a wedding (with lots of food) and attended my dear aunt’s repass (soul food). What I noticed was that I was not as strict, but I continued to eat salads not a lot of sugar or bread, only 2 regular pops at the repass. I worked out 2 to 3 times per week and did not walk. This shows me that when I get to my maintainance phase I will be able to maintain my weight over the long term with exercise and moderation.

In order to give me added support, I gained the support of FA which gives me group meetings, portion control, no sugar no flour, and sponsorship. I also joined two life groups at church Women of Moderation and Celebrate Recovery, so that I can further explore my healing. I want to thank God for placing these supports within my reach.

I am noticing I am feeling good about me and this is definitely bringing me closer to Christ. I am praying over each meal for real and thanking God, it is such a sacrifice for me. I love food and food has surrounded everything good and bad experience in my life. Food has comforted me, now without the food I rely on GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment