Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 2 - Fasting and Praying




Well Day 1 was awesome. I still continue to be excited. I prayed and kept my mind on the Lord throughout the day. God continues to show his hand in my life. Yesterday, I had very little conflict if so it was with myself :) Today my spirit is lifted and I am determined to keep my mind on the Lord. I need to be filled with his presence if I am to grow stronger in my relationship with him.

Yesterday, I went out did some more grocery shopping with a dear friend. It is good to have support along the way. God puts people in our lives for a reason. This a.m. I had oatmeal for breakfast, I have a fantastic lunch packed. It is a shopping bag full of delicious healthy foods. Yesterday I discovered Morningstar Riblets, I am excited about my variety of food choices today; grapes, banana, ptia chips, hummus, Morningstar Chicken Fingers. Oh, yeah yesterday I had an awesome mix of almonds and cranberries as a in between snack.

Please keep me in prayer and remember my mother in your prayer. I am praying for NCBF as we move forward in this season of growth.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Vanessa. I am fasting also. I have given up red meat, colas, and deserts. I am going to do this for 33 days. The last seven days I am going to try to do just the salad, vegetables, water and juices. Hopefully, as i travel through these next 40 days, I can become more consistent in my relationship with God. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete