Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 7 - Fasting and Praying



This is the Day that the Lord has made, Let us rejoice and be glad !!!
Praise the Lord !!! Oh, God this day I come humbly before you giving you thanks and asking you to forgive me of my sins. Oh, Lord and Master you are so worthy. Lord Bless us and we continue in this Fast, let me build a pleasing relationship with You.

This day has been a good day, a simple day, a quiet day for me. I was not able to attend church today and fellowship with my family. God please help me.

Today is Day 7 and I am stronger, I have energy and I feel good. Yesterday while at Whole Foods I discovered several foods. I love Tofu, but did not know the purpose of Silken Tofu. I also found my favorite kettle chips BAKED. Yes baked, what a blessing. They are as good as the fried and don't leave my fingers greasy lol. I looked up a recipe for the Silken Tofu;

1/2 package (8 ounces) Nasoya Silken Tofu

1/2 medium ripe banana
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey (I will substitue with 100% apple juice)
3/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries or fruit of choice
1 cup ice


Preparation

Blend together tofu, banana, orange juice, honey (substitute apple juice), and fruit until smooth. Add ice, then continue to blend until creamy. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings


I need to collect banana and apple juice, when I make this healthy treat I will be sure to post its taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment