Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, May 23, 2011



Hello Hello Hello

It’s a new day, it’s a new season, a fresh anointing coming my way !

I feel so encouraged, I give all thanks to God for giving me the gift of life. Each day I work on appreciating life and being respectful to God. I feel like pressing on and moving forward.

I have not blogged in about a week. Today I committed myself to writing about God’s goodness as I go through this journey. I am so encouraged to live a life pleasing to God. Well Saturday was the day that one man had said would be God’s rapture. Well the one thing I know about the Bible is the scriptures that discuss the rapture. My father was a minister and when he preached the rapture surely came up. And I remember No man knoweth the day time or the hour. Sooooooooooooooooo what was this guy talking about, I did not give it a lot of energy as I heard other’s discussing it. Someone very close to me was concerned and scared, I had a talk with them and discussed it. Then I was pleased to let them know that when God comes it will be a GOOD thing, a real GOOD thing and that there was nothing to worry about. To be in God’s present’s would be amazing. After the loses in my life I know this life is so temporary, so I let go of a lot of the fears I had about death. I do know I believe in God and the resurrection and I love the Lord and I plan to see God when he is ready for me.

My mother was not afraid of death, never once did she acknowledge to me that she was scared. She was prepared to meet her maker. She had been saved with the holy spirit living in her since I was about 6 years old or younger. She once told me she was ready to go but was holding on for me. I remember that day clearly, it is the only day she cried, it was her way of getting me prepared and letting me go. God gave her courage to face her death.

This past week, I cleaned out my mother’s closet and made room for my clothes. You see my clothes were still next door, I was buying pieces to wear weekly as needed. God gave me the strength to shift things around and make room for me to grow. God is so amazing. I am waiting for God to direct me in where her clothes should go from here. She sent most of her big hats to a consignment shop, but I have a few. Hopefully, I can wear one to my friend’s bridal shower this fall. I also found a set of keys my mom had looked for over a year. While cleaning her closet, I found family pictures and a favorite shirt of Chris’ I was saving. J I talk the least about Chris because it hurts the most.

NOW moving on, over the past 4 weeks I have lost an additional 5 lbs. With a total lost of 27 pounds since March 1, 2011. I still have a ways to go but I am defitinely encouraged. On Saturday, Terri and I went to Clothes Mentor which is a resale shope. I love it, love it, love it. I got 2 dresses, 2 tops and a pair of shoes for 48 bucks including tax. I love each and every item I got, I have one dress on today with the shoes J We also went to DSW, I got some shoes there too.

My eating has been good, I had been slipping on my water intake. Yesterday I drank 8 glasses, today I am on the band wagon with water. I see more results when I pumped the water in. I have exercise tonight, which I am looking forward to. I enjoy starting off my Monday’s with exercise. Here’s some good news, Tree is eating more healthy foods, over the past 2 weeks she has dropped 5 to 6 lbs. Yesterday we made homemade soup for dinner, celery, onions, diced tomatoes and chicken breast. She baked some chicken wings too, it was delicious and filing. I had a salad today for lunch, and my typical boiled egg, turkey chucks, strawberry and coffee for breakfast. Coffee, I am back on my Starbucks run in the morning. Bold roast helps me so much. Loving it !

Another thing, I have been working into using coupons, reward cards at CVS etc. I am liking it. Some call it Extreme Couponing, but I am not extreme. For instance, CVS had buy 1 Revlon nail polish at $4.99 and earn $4.00 coupon on next purchase. Which means polish was a dollar and I get to use the $4.00 off on another items. So I used it to purchase L'Oreal Hip Eye Shadows, it was buy one at $8.99 get one 1/2 off. So when I used the coupon, I end up getting 2 shadows for $10.00 and some change. Costing about 5 bucks each. Love it ! I plan to go to Target I can get Jayden two value packs of diapers 2 for $29.00 and they give me a gift card for $10.00 and check this out I have a manufacturer's coupon for $2.00. So I will end up paying out about $17.00 plus tax for 2 value packs boxes of diapers. Super, Super deal. I have not decided what I will use the $10.00 gift card on. This is nice.
This was long because I hadn’t wrote in so long.

Until I write again, See ya ! God protect us and bless us !

No comments:

Post a Comment