Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Uncomplicated

OK, It’s me again, coming back sooner than later !

I am always grateful to God for his mercy, grace and his favor. He has shown me and my family such kindness. He is helping us heal and find His peace. I thank God for His love, so abundant. Today is a wonderful day ! I find God’s love to be so amazing. He loves like no other.

Yes, today is wonderful. My workday is uncomplicated, non stressful. Actually on break, sitting here listening to Pandora (ear plugs). This week thus far has been good for me and coworkers. Our agency will be going through a restructuring soon, our agency is working to save jobs. I trust God that they are, my employer is good at retaining employees during financial difficulties. Agency is waiting to see how State cuts will affect us directly. Keep our agency is prayer, as we work to help families and children in the community.

Yesterday’s workout was awesome. She pushed us and encouraged us to do our best workout. I burned, in a big way. I can do 40 jumping jacks without modification, this is good for me, and then after that I have to modify. I am thanking God for this. I can do scissors but they are not good for my knees, so I modify. I have not done Zumba in a week, and will not tonight. Maybe Thursday, I will workout with the Zumba crew. This morning when I weighed in I had lost yet another pound. Yes 2 mornings in a row I have lost a pound. Total 28 lbs lost since March 1st . This is encouraging. This is the weight I was when I starting working out with True Image a few years ago. Which is not so encouraging ! I am pushing past all negativity that enters my head. I am working it God gives me the strength and courage. It is like I am beginning all over again, now. So I have set new weigh loss goals for myself. Long term immediate goal is 31 more lbs. So I am ½ way there. After I reach the 31 more pound loss, I will reassess and set new goals. This time I am not beating up on myself, I am lost slowly but gradually, more rapidly if I drink my water. I am noticing I am eating nice portions, 3 fruits per day and not having a lot of bread/carbs some but not a lot. For example, if I drive through Burger King, I get grilled chicken and eat 1 piece of the bun. This helps me a lot. I plan to go for a walk tomorrow evening. I may be getting off early tomorrow so I may be able to make the 5 o’clock exercise class. This would be excellent. I could possibly get in 4 True Image workouts this week.

I got some new eye shadow pallet delivered yesterday, really nice colors for Spring/Summer. I want the Urban Decay Naked pallet, I love the netural tones. I may reward myself after I lose 10 more lbs. Yes, this will push and encourage me. I also picked up a new pair of shoes yesterday, I like them a lot, and they are comfortable. I picked up Jayden some spring/summer outfits.

Until I blog again, See Ya !

No comments:

Post a Comment