Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

House in Order !!!



Organization

Lord I thank you for giving me the desire to get my HOUSE IN ORDER. I absolutely love a comfortable home, to me this means, order and cleanliness. My mom taught me how to clean and decorate a house at a VERY early age. I remember her getting me up on Saturday mornings to clean, I HATED it then, but I appreciate it now. Up until I was able 12 years old my mother was a housekeeper/maid, and she was allowed to take me to work with her. She did not complain about being a housekeeper. She loved working with her hands. She worked for Ms. Kelly, a very kind lady who had an amazing home in Shaker Heights, I will remember her house forever, and it was decorated so nicely, her kitchen was magnificent. Back then her rooms had amazing colors. In her home I saw décor taken to another level, my mother’s home was beautiful, but this house had wired in speaker in every room, bricked kitchen floor. It took me out of what was ordinary to extraordinary. I watched my mother clean it and I would often assist her and I enjoyed cleaning this woman’s house, because after it was clean it looked like a photo in a magazine. I was impressed by her home and how my mother’s skills made her house rock. Now mind you when my mother came home she kept her home the same way, so there it is.

I am getting my house in order. Things have really gotten out of hand. I love being organized and knowing where things are. Since my meltdown on Sunday, I have begun to do a good Spring cleaning. I have begun in my bedroom, where I spend most of my time. I brought a few reasonably organizers to help me make sense of my cosmetics, makeup and jewelry. My bedroom is small, it does not even have a closet, which is OK. I have a large closet in the hallway. My bedroom is too small to have a dresser. Because I do not have a dresser I did not have space to put my girly things. I brought a long glass table this summer from a yard sale and I have decided to use it as my vanity/makeup table. I got some really good ideas from You Tube. Yesterday, I went to Michael’s and got some organizers, and organizers were 40% off, which meant I got a really really nice organizer which is my focal piece for 20.99, it had been 29.99. I was thrilled. I also got some sand and vase filler to make a couple of brush holders. I decorated some of the containers with black and white nice ribbons. I even separated in a container, my MAC shadows from my NYX shadows. Most of the items are labeled this way I know where to return them and will be able to reach for them again. I made a special jumbo eye pencil holder which I am especially proud of. It was not my idea but I built on the concept.

Today I will pick up lighting. I think I will be getting a GE Bright Light. Then I may invest in a makeup mirror which is 29.99, I can use a $5.00 off coupon at Ulta in Mentor. I will go back next weekend as I have to use my coupon within 2 weeks. Then I can do my make up transformations sitting in my bedroom. YES YES YES I have been carrying cosmetics and makeup into the bathroom with me every time I get dressed which was time consuming and a real mess to clean up. This is a real blessing, I love pulling a look together be it, home decorating, make up, fashion or event décor. I love how God works in me and I know this is the gifting he has blessed me with. I pick up things in the store and sometimes I don’t even know what I will do with it, but I feel it is needed and it works out. My vanity/makeup table is cute.

I will upload a photo of my vanity/makeup table when it is complete. I make upload a video to walk through my special project J I think I am turning into a You Tube junkie. J

I will continue to clean, dust and mop. Real Spring cleaning has got to go down at the pad. Sticky fingers and crumbs are all over the place (Jayden J ). He does assist in cleaning up his large blocks J

The basement is a real trip. All of the things from my mother’s estate that I didn’t use upstairs, are in the BASEMENT !! OHHHHHH HELP !!! The basement is a genuine mess. My mother prided herself on keeping the basement spotless, she would kill me, if she saw it. I plan to go down there and get things arranged for a couple of yard sales. Yes, Yard Sale season is approaching. I am thrilled, my girl Par and Tree and me will be hitting the road. Par got a GPS for Christmas so we will be out and about. Oh, back to my sale. It will be nice to get things organized in the basement and ready for sale. During the winter I invested in a couple of 6 foot tables, I will be able to use them to set up items for sale.

Lifestyle Healthy Eating : I am eating well, need to get back on my water drinking of 8 glasses per day L Zumba schedule has changed, it is now Tuesday and Thursday at True Image, so my future blogs with be Twosome Tuesday (2 workouts in one day). So tonight is Twosome Tuesday. I have not done my morning weigh in since Friday. I will weigh in this week.

See ya ! May God Bless !

No comments:

Post a Comment