Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day !

The Lord blessed me with good family and friends. My family keeps me going. I am thanking God for placing me in this family. My grandson, is a genuine gift from God. Yesterday when he saw me , he ran with open arms, wanting to be picked up. When I picked him up, he kissed me as best as he could on my cheek. It was the first kiss he gave to me without me asking for it. It was so special and appropriate for mother’s day.

I kept myself busy with family during the day. In the evening I allowed myself to cry, to get it out. I miss Olivia and Chris so much ! They tugged at my heart off and on all day. When I look in the mirror I see Olivia, I look just like her. Fortunate for me J She prided herself on being a good looking Black woman. Back in her day dark skinned wasn’t cute, but she had great self esteem. Praise God. I see myself in her eyes, her smile and her caring. Yesterday, family had to talk about her sense of humor, if they hadn’t they would not have been giving her memory the justice it deserved. We all missed her, and could on key say this is what Olivia would have said. And we would laugh out loud. I see Chris is Jayden daily. He has the same build Chris had as a toddler, the same lil curly hair and friendly smile. Jayden’s personality is his own, he is such a crowd pleaser.

I am overwhelmed in some areas of my life, but I am handling it as best as I can. God is helping me daily to work through issues.

OK Eating ! I had peach cobbler, birthday cake, fried corn, yams, fried chicken, mashed potatoes and Pop. I did not eat the ribs J I had this menu Saturday and then went back to my aunt’s house and had it on Sunday ! AWESOME ! Believe it or not, I am not feeling guilty, that food was good to the bone. I did not waste a single calorie ! I have refocused and back on track this morning. I talked to my exercise buddy this morning and she ate this weekend too. We support one another unconditionally J So I am off to another wonderfully blessed week.

Monica, me and Tree played with makeup and Jewelry. I have done a couple of things to my bedroom as far as using appropriate space, and I love it. Tony is completing a project in my bedroom today, hanging a few things and then I will post some photos. Again, I thank you Lord for my gifting. I am now a sort of fashion consultant, I have an assignment of helping a young female put together her look for prom, accessories, makeup, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment