Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Again !

It’s Monday !

Yes, It’s Monday and I’m not complaining. I thank the Lord everyday for my job. With the changes government are making our agency is funded by public monies. I feel confident that we will survive, our agency has been aggressive in the last 5 years of turning our mom and pop agency into a corporation. Word on the street has it that if funds are cut drastically they have targeted 18 positions that would be cut first. One of our programs will be cut in June, contract will not be renewed. I pray that God will open other doors for these employees. Life has taught me that we have to be prepared to accept God’s will in our lives. We have to listen to God and see how He would have us proceed. I feel blessed that I have been at this agency for 17 years.

Yesterday I lost my temper, I was so angry. My kitchen and entire house was a mess. Lots of grown people in the house, but I feel I am the only one keeping the house in order. I do not like to lose my temper, it is so ugly. I do not like laziness and I am beginning to feel like the house keeper. This is not a good feeling. I like cooperation, join in, roll up your sleeves and get things done. I do not like my house out of order, I work hard to have decent things in my home, and it seems as if nobody cares but me. I will be planning a family meeting to come up with a plan that works for the household. I am not a super clean person, but I like to be able to open my door if I have unexpected guest. For the past week, I would have had to meet guest on the porch. People are cooking and not washing their dishes. Taking showers not straightening up the bathroom. Enough said!!!

Today at lunch, I went to Michael’s and got some organizers for my bedroom. I am doing things to make my small bedroom work efficiently. I have to do some special cleaning, Monica will be up this Saturday to celebrate her grandfather’s/Floyd 90th birthday. This will be big fun for the family. Floyd is a quiet giant, he is kind and thoughtful. Recently he has been ill. We want to celebrate his life with him. It is a surprise. After the dinner, we will hang out and do some catch up. I love my cousins, I did not have sisters and my female cousins served as my sisters. Monica is special in that she was the first grandchild to Floyd and Julia. She was Doris’ baby and we all love Doris. So we babied and spoiled Monica, I am about 10 or 12 years older than her, so when she was born me and Tree did some babysitting giving us an opportunity to bond. I look forward to this weekend. My mother use to love to prepare for Doris, Monica and Allen’s arrival. My mother was especially proud of Monica and Allen as they completed college. Allen has is PhD same as his dad. Doris their mother is my first cousin, making Allen and Monica my second cousin. I often joke with Monica by telling her that Doris, her mother, is my REAL cousin. Doris reminds me a lot of my mom, they are super caring people and they are the conflict solvers in the family. My mother and Doris were very very close. Doris like Monica was the first born to Julia and Floyd. My mother loved children so much, she spoiled Doris a lot as she grew up. Enough about my family.

On to healthly eating. I did not weigh in officially at True Image as I was at the hair salon Saturday at 7:00 a.m. Weekends have been difficult for me. I don’t over indulge but I don’t have a routine. Tonight is True Image and Zumba. Power Monday, my gym bag is in the car and I am ready. Ready to Burn !

No comments:

Post a Comment