Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, April 29, 2011

He Lives !



Hello, It’s me Again, Vanessa!
I want to thank the Lord for a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful Resurrection Sunday. I know it is now August 29th and Resurrection Sunday was last week. I am grateful to God for presenting our congregation with the wonderful performance. It touched on a lot and spoke to me. The entire weekend was blessed. Again, I thank you Lord.

I have not blogged since last week. I have not been on my regular schedule of blogging, logging in on calorie count and I have only been drinking 5 glasses of water per day. I am aware that I am off course; I have not and do not plan to beat up on myself. I continued to workout and my eating has been ok. The craziest thing is that Zumba was cancelled for this past Monday night. Bummer! But the best thing ever is that we will now have Zumba two times a week at 7:30 p.m. starting next week. Yes! Yes! Yes! I am aware of the change of the last week and I have begun to gradually get back on track. I weighed in this morning and I had lost 1 lbs. Total of 24 pounds. Thank You Lord for your Favor, Grace and Mercy. Weighing in this morning began my journey back. I was so grateful, so very grateful.

My work life has been great; our supervisor went for a much needed vacation. She works so hard she needed this time off to rest and be with her children. I pray she comes in feeling renewed.

Foods; Resurrection Sunday, I ate at my aunt’s house. Right ! It was the bomb ! Candied yams, baked chicken, collard greens, cornbread, ginger ale and PEACH COBBLER. Yes, PEACH COBBLER. You know I ate what was on my plate, oh yes, and there was boiled corn J I ate and did not worry, I had two servings of PEACH COBBLER which is equalent (sp) to my mother’s sweet potato pie recipe. God does give us what we want sometimes, He is good like that. I enjoyed being with family and being with them helped me to get through the holiday. Easter was also important to my mother and father. I have tons of memories !!!! She use to dress me and herself up like princesses. My father was a very sharp dresser. We all loved to eat and we would either go out or my mom would cook. Yesterday, I found a photo of Chris at about age 10 all dressed up in a green suit. At that age, he loved suits. He wanted a red suit, NOT ! But this Easter Jayden was “Clean as the Board of Health” (voice of Olivia Dunlap). Jayden is a character with so much personality. I will try and upload his photo ! All I can say he is gma’s lil man. He shows he has swaggert at 16 months, I think he gets his cool from me, he was styling in his shades. YES, his own shades. I know, I know, this is Resurrection Sunday not a style show. Lord knows I appreciate his dying on the cross for my sins. I will never, ever forget, what he done for me !

Until my next Blog, Peace be with you!

This is my pamper me weekend! Hairdo tonight ! Nique is treating me to ½ of the cost of my hairdo. What a blessing! Kids! I will do my own mani, pedi and facial. Summer is coming and coats come off and sandals slide on. I may do another makeup haul this weekend. Maybe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered a couple products from Amazon, but some things I have to see up front and in person.

One more thing, Ariel and I took Jayden to the park for his first official swing and slide adventure. At first he was hesitant, he was not sure about the swing, he kept saying “bye bye” meaning get me out of here. I know at that time he wished he had more words J the slide he loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment