Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What's happening with me !!

Praise the Lord !

I am thankful for all of God’s blessing ! He has kept me, shield me and fought my battles. He is a mighty warrior and I trust Him. He continues to bless me and I am working hard to listen and be obedient to his Word. God’s love is so awesome, it embraces me and keeps me breathing and seeking Him.

I have not blogged in a few days. I have been busy with work. My responsibility has grown so much. I am working to be a good servant in my workplace and to be obedient and helpful. The Lord has helped me to keep my mouth shut and stay in peace and allow him to work things out. And He has !!!!!! I come in with an attitude to get the job done and to get it done well.

My workouts have been fantastic. I was able to do 5 workouts last week including Zumba. Yesterday was Power Monday, I did my True Image workout and Zumba. I feel so encouraged when I complete both. It starts my week off with a BANG. Takeema came, it was helpful to have her at my side. She is such an amazing young woman. We all continue to encourage one another. This past Saturday, I dropped two more pounds, grand total 23 pounds since March 1. This is God’s work ! God gets the glory at every workout and every meal. I continue to ask God to get me through my workout and to take my greedy food eating spirit away. It is a process, day by day, meal by meal, workout by workout. On Saturday most of the ladies came out feeling quite successful. We encouraged one another and shared some of our To Do things for this life style change.

Jayden is something else. He has so much energy and personality. He likes to play rough and now he is roughing it with me. I give him piggy back rides. He has discovered that he has a tummy and that granny has a big stomach, and he likes to poke it J Ariel will begin work Thursday and he will begin going to a babysitter. Pray that he will transition and do well. Dominique is much better, she is blessed.

Food : I am staying below my 1,200 calorie intake. Which is helping me lose. I am careful to eat proteins and veggies. Calorie Count has been helpful, I log my foods and activity. Logging each food item helps me see the calories in each item. I was definitely putting some high calories items into my salads, for example chick peas. They had more calories than the chick peas were worth. So I cancelled the chick peas. There was another items I deleted but I can’t remember. I also checked on my dressings and changed to the French low calorie dressing, which I love. I usually mix two dressings.

New Goal: I have met my level 1 goal at True Image and I am moving on to Level 2. My first goal was to lose 20 lbs. Guess what? My new goal is to lose another 20 lbs. I am 3 pounds into my new goal. 17 more lbs to reach the next level. The long term goal is
for me to lose about 60 lbs then I will be a Level 4 meaning I can begin to incorporate more foods, less weekly workouts required and my monthy fees are cut to ½ price. It is a win/win.

No comments:

Post a Comment