Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ENCOURAGEMENT

Encouragement Praise God ! Praise God ! I am praising God for each day that I live. Thanking Him for giving me strength, for giving me an encouraged spirit. Thank You Lord for who you are. I am still pumped up after last night’s workout. The energy was so high and encouraging. Everyone was burning and encouraging one another to push (without hurting yourself). Kim was not at this Saturday’s weight in so she missed my weigh in. She had heard about it and encouraged me to continue in my journey. Last night Aretha came back to True Image it was good to see her. She was impressed by the new location and new routines. I am finding that encouragement is crucial in reaching my goals. We need to hear from one another and share new found discoveries. This is what True Image is for us ladies. Monday is my favorite workout because of the Zumba afterward. Last night was the bomb, the instructor’s energy was awesome. She started off by telling us she was sleepy and that she needed the workout to wake her up. Well it woke her up alright. She pushed up with her excitement. Zumba is a party ! We shook parts of our body that we didn’t know we had. I was really tired at the end of the workout, but I believe she said she is adding Thursday workout at a later time. You know I’m All In. Which would be good to have a powerful workout on Monday and then Thursday. ‘ After I got home last night, Dominique and I played with Jayden. He was showing us all the stuff he knows how to do. Wonderful stuff ! Touching his nose, eyes, feet, ears, saying good-bye, waving. He loves to watch us clap and encourage him. The funny thing is he when you ask him who Tree is he points to her, but when you ask him who grandma is he won’t point. He is so funny ! He has lots of personality. LOTS. Brandy is scheduled to deliver today. I am praying for a safe deliver, and a healthy baby. God Bless her and the family. Food: Breakfast: Greek Yogurt (non fat) with banana and strawberries, 2 egg whites with mushroom (my fav). I will have a stir fry from Heininen I love that you can choose your veggies. Morning snack: 7 wheat thin crackers – I love the crunchy stuff. I think I am substituting crunchy stuff in place of my beloved sugar. I will have chicken. Maybe a double portion of chicken for the protein blast. Dinner will be small, because I am working out tonight and I am usually not hungry. Water intake is real good. 8 glasses per day. YES YES YES update: Well I went to the hospital to visit Brandy and Carmello and he is beautiful. He is 5 lbs. 10 ounces, 18 inches long. I held him alot and actually gave him a bottle. Brandy was sick from the anthesia, really sick. Hey gave her a different med for nausea and it kicked in within a minute and she began to slowly feel better. While I was there I had a cup of chicken noodle soup and a bagel with a little butter. Well when I got home and log this into calorie count I was pissed. Bagel 270 calories soup was 150. Well I was still below the calorie range my doctor put me on. But over way I put myself on :) I got over it and drank 4 glasses of water. I'm OK. I needed the carbs I guess.

My workout was real good. The first week of the month True Image does cardioblast which means no weights. We do cardio for 45 minutes then hit the floor for ab work. Of course, this is a more difficult burn, when we have done 30 minutes for 3 weeks. But it helps the body by changing things up a little. I am modifying the things that are not right for my body right now. I am doing this so I won't burn out or injure myself. I do want to push it up to the next level and I will when my body is ready.

Ariel called me at work today and told me Jayden said his first sentence. She asked him to brush his teeth and he said "Brushed my teeth" she said well brush them again and he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment