Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer Fun ! Celebratomg Life !




God is so worthy to be praised! Yes He is! I am thanking God for a wonderful week. I am looking forward to continuing my journey on being productive.

I have good news! I am 1 pound from reaching my second goal at True Image. We are on a 4 level goal plan and I am halfway there. I am giving God for glory for this, because only He has given me the strength to push forward and work on a better/different way of living. I feel so much better. This Saturday when I weighed in I had lost 2 more lbs. This is a steady, gradual, healthy loss. I am pleased for progress. I have loss two dress sizes. I have been rewarding myself along the way. I plan to lose about 30 more lbs. Kim and I will work on my next level. When I reach level 4, I will be considered a Level 4 which is great, meaning I have reached my goals and then will be in the maintenance phase. At that time my monthly fees will decrease to ½ price. What an incentive. It will be progress for me because I usually lose weight but never reach the final goal.

Oh yeah, Sunday I drank 8 glasses of water and took Jayden and the kids for a walk to Coventry Park. It was really nice. I wanted to go back for frozen non fat yogurt, but I didn’t, so I will have some this week. I went to Legacy twice this weekend, once for dinner Stir Crazy and then a day of shopping by myself. I enjoy being with me. It was nice.

During this weight loss journey I have gotten to know more about myself. God has allowed me to like/love myself. I have learned to prioritize taking care of me. Devoting time in the day to workout, do facial, polish nail, whatever I feel I need to do to pamper myself. I have learned to say NO to things I am not comfortable with. I am not quick to be dominated and told what to do in my life. I am taking full advantage of living, meaning living a life that is pleasing to God.

My work life is coming along quite nicely. I have stressful days, but I know I am giving it my all to be a good servant to my employer. We serve families and children and it is stressful working with families who have issues. We all have issues, every family, we have to learn to not let the pass define who we are, and live a life now that is pleasing to God.

Saturday I went to see Sarah’ Girl, it was her CD release party. It was so much fun, lots of NCBF was there. We went to support the group and especially The Drummer, brother Damon. He was happy to have our support. I have decided to do one fun thing per weekend; ballroom, parties, or listening to live bands (legacy, wine festivals etc. I will be led by God and do things that are approving of God and celebrate life.

Tonight is the first night of this week’s workout. Monday’s are exciting at True Image, we love to get our first workout in. Saturday Toya was there at the 8 a.m. class, I went to the 9:00 a.m. and missed it. I LOVE her so much. She is gifted in an awesome way. I pray she can come back more fulltime. I am praying and aiming for 2 to 3 lbs this week. It is attainable, when I drink 8 glasses per day I can drop 3. I plan to walk on some of my evenings, when the sun is going down. It relaxes me in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment