Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 75 – Feeling Good – Giving God the Glory He is Due

Lord you are so gracious and loving and all knowing! I truly appreciate You and feel Your presence in my life this day. When I am overwhelmed You give me Peace, when I scared You offer me protection. I love You and give You the Glory for which You are so rightfully due. You amaze me daily.

Yesterday was a bit crazy at work; I felt like I could not dig myself out of my workload, work just keeps coming. I know I have piles of work, but I have a vacation for which I am looking forward to next week. So I know there is a end and I have an opportunity to get rejuvenated.

Yesterday, my family and I choose a x-mas Tree. This is the first year we got a real one. This is different but it was nice, our team effort to research it, buy it, get it home, get it in the house, and get it mounted. Now the Tree has decided it doesn’t want to stand straight it wants to lean against the window. So we are being patient with it and we will work to help it stand up straight this evening. IT WILL STAND (: We picked up beautiful new x-mas décor, and white lights. With a little support this tree will be spectacular, even with its flaws. We will nurture it and it will be lovely. Jayden absolutely loves it and loves to plug it in and see it glow. He loves the other x-mas décor and thinks they are toys. I am excited about him see it all decorated, I have to pick up two more boxes of lights and then add décor on tree. I love to see his lil eyes watch it, we have not wrapped the gifts and put them under the tree yet, and this will blow him away. He is tuned in now to the words x-mas, I notice if we say x-mas he turns quickly to see what is going on. Because he knows it is something different and special. We will teach him the story of baby Jesus to give it real significance and meaning.

I have dinner this evening with my Life Group Coach, and group leader, we pray over our group and have fellowship and plan out strategy for next year’s group. I am excited about this. Both of these ladies are special to me so I am looking forward to having dinner with them. We also plan to walk down to Avalon after dinner if we have time, knowing myself I will most likely stop in prior to our dinner at Tommy’s J

I have put together my x-mas list and see I have almost ½ of the items for other’s on my list. A friend has helped me select a computer for my daughter and it is being ordered today. This was my one big ticket item. I am relieved that it has been ordered. Tonight I will pick up a few items for Ariel while I am at Marc’s. I am getting her some practical items that she uses daily. I most likely will get my cousin a gift card at Avalon, she, like myself adore Avalon. She will be excited. So I can pick up her gift tonight and cross it off my list.

I also put together my x-mas day menu. Simple menu but it will be tasty YUMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment