Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Back on the Grind !!!!


 

Lord thank you for healing.  Thank you for allowing me to rest and heal.  Lord keep me safe and protect !  Bless the ladies in the life group give us what we need to be successful.

 

Since Friday afternoon I have been ill.  I have a reoccurring sinus infection, and the first couple of days it knocks me off my feet.  I was able to get tons of rest and relaxation.  I took my meds, and drank plenty of fluids.  I returned to work with a desk load of paperwork, but I with God’s help I got it done. 

 

Tonight is Fit for the King !  I continue to be excited and I am praying that tonight’s session has lots of success stories.  Next week we will be volunteering at the Food Bank as our community service. 

 

Natural Hair Journey – well during my sickness I did not wash on my regular wash day for fear of making myself sicker.  Yesterday I did my hair as I wanted to have fresh hair for work today.  Well I had two sets of new products that I wanted to test; Kinky Curly and Cantu New Natural line.  I decided to use the Kinky Curly Knot Today (leave in) and the curling pudding.  Prior to applying I did the whole cowash, DC (deep conditioner) and I even measured my hair.  Yes I measured Right !  I decided to measure to see my growth let’s say by June 2013. 

 

I have heard so much about the Kinky Curly line and hestitated to use it because of the cost both products are about 30 total.  I decided to get it after my friends both gave it great reviews.  I put the Knot Today in and I immediately began to see definition.  I saw definition even in my crown where I have a very loose texture.   I was encouraged, so I kept putting it in.  Prior to putting it in I looked at Taren916 for application.  Next I used the curling custard, NOW NOW NOW when I applied this I saw waves of curls forming.  I actually didn’t believe it, I had thought nothing out there could define my already loose curls.  I even read the ingredients to make sure there was no alcohol and was reminded that it is natural.  I am a twistout girly curl, but I was so tempted to do a wash and go.  I do the twist out to get added definintion from the twist pattern.  I put some coconut oil on it ½ through the drying process as I could feel it was a bit hard.  It worked !  This morning my curls were popping all over the place.  I had shrinkage put I had curls, which gives me hope.  Since October 2012 I have searching for this type of results.  I have a small cottoney area in my crown but I am able to work with it. 

 

I am on the search for a large cup diffuser so I can try a wash and go.  Yeah me, Right !  I have been a twistout or Afro wearing sister.  I love the versatility of natural hair.  I am learning so much about my hair.  I know I need lightness not to weight my hair down.  I need to use products with a light hand and use my cocoonut oil.  Yesterday I made a new batch of scalp oil; rosmary, jobaba, lavender, tea tree, olive oil, and grapeseed oil.  I put this on my scalp in the a.m.  or night. 

 

I need to clean my scalp good on my next wash day.  I have to make sure my scalp is not clogged.  I will make a mix with peppermint oil, tea tree oil and a carrier oil. 

 

Weight Loss – Saturday I begin my new boot camp.  I am so ready and excited.  I go to orientation this Saturday.  So I will share info with you all next week.  I had salad for lunch today and oatmeal with raisins for breakfast.

 

See ya !

No comments:

Post a Comment