Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Working throught the Funk


Lord I love You more today than yesterday.  I am grateful for Your love that comforts me and keeps me safe.  Lord remove anxieties that arise in me and allow me to face my fears.  Lord you have the power to give me that peace.  I want to listen to Your voice.

 


I continue to face the funk in my life and deal with it. I am liking myself more today than yesterday.  I have several things in my life to work through and straighten out so that I am not a walking ball of fear !  I am developing a plan of action.  Write things down and attack.  Yes attack !

 

Today I have heard from two good friends which really blessed me.  God uses his people to show His love. 

___________________________

Natural Journey – yesterday I was able to upload a photo of one of my protective styles.  If you didn’t see it go back to yesterday’s post.  I tried to uploads lots of photos today and I couldn’t get it to work.  I have never had uploading issues before.  I will work it out bear with me.  The photos are hilarious !  Stay tuned !

 

Yesterday I thought of a new protective style that I feel pretty confident doing.  I plan to track down or order Nafy Collection Puffy/Fluffy hair.  I can put them in making sure to not do my edges tightly.  I have some creative ideas as to how to style the look.  I will wear it for a month and take it out.  I will work to have it in my next Saturday the 19th, I would like to do my Agogee 2 step (sp) protein treatment before putting them in and I am due for a treatment on the 19th.  I do protein treatment every 6 to 7 weeks.

 

I do notice that since I am nature I get bored easily with my hair styles.  I now like playing in my hair a lot and look forward to twisting, corn rolling, washing, treatment, whatever !!! Love it !!!

 

When I washed my hair Tuesday evening my hair was in good condition.  I used the NEW Cantu line, the hair lotion works well on my fine/thin hair.  It moisturized and did not leave my hair feeling like a greasy mess.  I am still looking for the curl activator, my BSS nor Target had it, I will check out Wal-Mart this weekend.  But since I am wearing protective styles I really don’t need it, but since I am a PRODUCT JUNKIE I need it in my collection. 

 

Progress since October 2012 – my hair responds well, I have learned many things about my hair, I am dealing with 3 different textures.  My top/crown is loose wavy, my sides are more nappy and the back is awesome J  If I could take my back and put it all over my head WOW !  But I am working with what I have and making it work.

Growth-I don’t do official length checks because my hair usually grows at a steady pace.  I would say my hair has grown an inch since October especially in the crown area.  This area is thin, but it grows the fastest.  I also have to acknowledge that I have trimmed my hair twice and dust the ends occasionally as needed.  I do have problems with single strain knots (like what is this) LOL  At first length was a issue for me, I did not do a big chop because I transitioned while wearing weaves and braids.  But I do want more volume I LOVE big hair.  LOL  Now I look to see the healthiness of my hair, how it springs back, checking my ends and protecting my ends.  Seeking out products that will give it shine, luster and healthiness.   I love my natural hair I never thought I would walk away from relaxer, but I did without even knowing that I was. 

 

 I now can recognize when my ends are split and need trimming and I do it myself.  I do lots of things myself now, I purchased a treatment cap for my deep conditioning it works, this is a technique my mama use to do to both of our hair.  Once a month I mix, mayonnaise, eggs, honey and olive oil as a deep treatment, the other 3 weeks I use Shea Moisture Treatment Mask (awesome). 

 

 

 

Will be walking 7:30 a.m. Saturday morning.  If you are interested contact me for walking info.  We gonna get it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment