Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

I GOT It IN y'all ! Boot Camp 2nd Full Workout !


Day 8 twist out check out yesterday's FRO - I really need to wash my roots are so extra puffy.








Lord you give me the strength to face today !  For this I am grateful !  You give me courage to face today !  I have hope knowing that you will help me, that you got my back Lord !  ThankYOU.  Lord I pray for a dear friend who needs help Lord give her peace during her storm.  Thank You Lord !  Lord I pray for good weather today and safe travel as we prepare for the snow storm.  Allow our fellowship tonight at the Food Bank to be successful !

 

Weight Loss Journey - Yesterday’s workout was tough, I mean WE GOT it IN for Real, for Real J  At this pace 6 months from now I should be the woman of steel LOL  I wish you all could be there, to see it and to experience this type of workout.  We work hard !  I sweat and again I am not a person who sweat a lot while working out.  Crazy thing is I look forward to going.  I am not planning to over do it, I plan to do 4 days per week.  I have to be cautious and be careful of my ankle.  I will try and upload photos from their website.  So when I talk you are WITH ME !  Let me put it this way it is like doing all the things you hate to do when you workout; pushup; dips, planks etc.  You get the picture. 

 

FIT for the KING book is Taking Back Your Temple, awesome read.  We are on week 1 as we have just begun this book.  It can be purchased on Amazon or at NCBF Welcome Center.

 

Today Meal is :  Breakfast; oatmeal with raisin, and water.  Snack:  Apple   Lunch: yummy delicious salad and Soy Chicken Vegan style (Whole food deli) J, dinner: salad – keeping it simple giving my body what it needs.  I notice when I eat in this manner, my digestive system is working well and I do not crave sugary foods. 

 

Natural Hair Journey – After my workout last night, I skipped right over Wash Night.  I twisted this hair, looked at American Idol and took myself to B.E.D.  I should be washing tonight, but I do have a late night tonight.  Lord willing it will be washed.  This is a sign that I was tired after boot camp because I am on top of my weekly regiment.  I uploaded a photo of Day 8 twist out, if you remember yesterday upload had a photo of my FRO.  I love the versatility of natural hair; one day FRO next day twist out.  I have not worn a protective style in a few weeks, but I do keep it covered when outside in the elements.  But without the protective style there is still manipulation. 

 

I do need to DC as a had some breakage last night in the crown area while twisting. My crown is my weakest area.  It has the tendency to look scalpy and it thin.   Hair broke easily and I have not experienced this before. 

 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment