Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Back on Track, Back on the Grind !

Thank You Lord for renewing my MIND !  For lifiting depression and smashing it !  I thankYou Lord for the gift of life. 


Alright, Alright, Alright (In Kevin Hart's voice)  It's ON  !  I am pumped up and ready.  If you have followed me you know when I am IN I'm IN and when I'm off the wagon I am off.  I am praying and asking God for a balance in my life.  I need to be able to maintain and eat in moderation and exercise without obsessing.  I realize these are my strengths and my weaknesses.  Only God can help me with this and I am praying daily for balance in my life.

Weight Loss Journey - This past Saturday I started bootcamp, yes another bootcamp, Fit Body Bootcamp in Beachwood.  I know, I know !  But I love the bootcamp experience.  This one operates more like personal training style not so much rhythmic dancing.  We carried like sand bags on our backs and ran around the room, they have suspended TRX .  There is a variery of techniques.  I did orientation and as part of orientation we did a !5 minute workout.  It felt like an hour :)  I need this in my life right now.  I scheduled to be weighed and measured this weekend.  I am not looking forward to this but it will help me get on task and begin to measure my sucesses.  We weifgh in every 4 to 6 weeks instead of every week, this will help me be more independent and work toward the long term.  One of my trusted workout buddies joined with me.  There are others from NCBF that are there and seeing results, so I am encouraged.  I will keep you updated on this bootcamp experience.  If you care to join contact me through my email vanessajordan79@yahoo.com.  I can fill you in and can send you the web site link so you can gather information and register for orientaton.  Right now there is a Winter Special 47 bucks for 6 weeks awesome deal.  Come on and join and get fit and lose some pounds and inchses.  Summer is coming :)

NOW my hair natural hair journey - Well I am loving my Kinky Curly products, I am sending a shout out to Nicole H. and Diane M. for hipping me to these products. I will have included these products in my hair care staples.   I love the curl definition and swing I am getting and elongation.  I will be doing my protein treatment this week, it is the two step Agopee. 

I am exciting about learning what my hair likes and watching it respond to it.  I love being able to be creative.  I notice I am wearing my hair out more than wearing the wigs which means I am liking it more and more.  Praise God !  I go back and forth from a twist out to afro. 

Today my hair is soft and manageable.  This hairstyle is gonna really work out nice as I go into my workout regiment. 

I have a few target areas; edges and crown which I am applying oils and massaging.  I did a length check last week and I will do another in June.  I love volume, so I will be excited to watch my hair grow. 

Signs that my hair is healthier:  I can stand over sink fluff through hair and their is no hair breakage in the sink.  Back in the day there would be hair all over the sink and I am noticing no breakage.  Now when I wash my hair there is natural shed hair but not in abundance. 

Hair has elasticitsity - It bouncing back without breaking.  If I pull my hair (usually playing in it LOL) it springs back without breaking.

I attribute this to my 6 week protein treatment and having a good balance of moisture. 

Makeup - I remain a product junkie.  I had to replace two of my Mac staples; Mineralized Skin Finish in Deep Dark, and eyebrow pencil in Spike.  I am not what you would consider a Mac girl but I do have a few staples from Mac; Fix Plus, Foundations (although I use other brands).  When I went to the counter I rattled off what I needed the sales girl said that was easy, I said I know what I want.  I know she was thinking easy commision :)

I picked up Revlon Naked Foundtion, I am liking it, it gives reasonable coverage, and has a satin like finish.  It gets me through my work day and it only cost 10 bucks compared to my MAC and Makeup Forever.  Now I will rotate Mac and Makeup Forever as needed.  But for everyday I will use this Revlon and save the high end for Sundays and special occasions. 

I am so happy to have my Spike eyebrow pencil BACK IN MY LIFE.  I didn't have it for a few weeks and was using a Maybelline brow pencil, it wasn't giving me what I needed. 

Today's Meals - I am planning meals which helps to keep me on track !
Breakfast - Oatmeal with raisins and 2 slices of bacon and a banana
Lunch - Salad with Soy Chicken (whole foods)
Dinner - Salad
Apple and banana

I am working out this evening at the bootcamp, this is my first real day of bootcamp.  I am excited and pray I stay encouraged.


No comments:

Post a Comment