Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

YES YES YES


 

YES !  YES !  YES !

 

 

Lord You are good and your mercy endureth forever !  Lord you are good !  So good !  I am amazed at Your power.  You are greater than anything that I face.  You remove anxieties and encourage me to live.  To live a good life.  Thank You

 

WOW God is so amazing !  I prayed yesterday for my life group and God is directing and leading me.  God continues to work on my vision for the group.  Amazing things are underway. 

 

OK get ready !  I found a bootcamp, I’m all IN  !!  I will begin next week it is in Beachwood near my job, price is 47 bucks unlimited for the first month. I got a call into them to see what price is for the second month and ongoing. A few of the ladies from True Image are there so I will have my support group.  YES YES YES (ya’ll know I need hand holding). I also had some sessions left with my trainer Eric and I will return next Tuesday.  I prayed about a plan and I have one.  Bootcamp keeps me feeling excited, motivated and successful.  Along my journey I have learned things about myself and this is two of them; I love bootcamp experience and I love to walk/run.  I get a rush, YES a rush !  I do personal training because I know it is good for me, it helps me build muscle and it challenges me in a real one on one way.  For example when I have to do a two minute plank I do it, there is no hiding or pretending.  This is what I like and don’t like J 

 

Weight Loss Journey My weight loss goal is to lose 5 to 6 pounds per month.  I usually do 10 per month.  I learned the last time I was doing way TOO much and got myself injured.  I will take it slow.  I will make a decision as to whether I will continue my personal training sessions.  It is costly but well worth it.  Starting this past December I took on a big financial responsibility and I have to really see if personal training is a wise financial investment for me.  I have a membership at Planet Fitness for 10 bucks per month, if I decide to do machine or other things I can’t do at home.

 

 

Natural Hair Journey Last evening I untwisted my hair moisture, sealed and resisted.  This morning I moisturized with an ill water and sealed castor oil and coconut oil.  I wore it to work twisted, and I did not do a twist out.  I just wore it as a two strand twist.  It’s cute, it’s ok, and it’s me.  I did not want it down today totally exposed to the elements.  I wore a hand to protect it while outside.  The shampoo in color is holding up nicely.  I put it in on Saturday and Saturday is not my regular wash day.  I usually wash and deep treat on Tuesday evening.  So I will most likely not wash tonight because I have to add shampoo in more color to maintain the color.  Remember this is not chemical it is herb based from China (not approved by FDA) J  What we ladies won’t try LOL  Hey but its working.  So it looks like my wash day may be moving toward the weekend.  But Tuesday night wash was not rushed because I usually don’t have plans on Tuesday.  We will see I just might go ahead tonight.  REALLY is it that big of deal YES to me it is.  Taking care of natural hair is time consuming. Wash/Prepoo or clarifying, co washing, deep conditioner with hot oil or homemade protein conditioner (under heat cap for 40 minutes), color shampoo, conditioning, leave in, moisturizer, seal or the LOC method, then styling creams/gels/mousse, etc/ then twisting.     You see where I need time, on Saturday I am running around, and tired.  I don’t want doing my hair to be a chore because I LOVE taking care of it.  A woman’s hair is her crown of glory.  I believe this like never before.  I don’t want all this to come across as being vain but I am working to take care of what God gave me.  He knows every hair on my head and he made each and everyone of us uniquely and beautiful.  I have to remember this when I see a lot of the naturals on YT with hair that is amazingly beautiful. Yes I have hair envy at times.  God reminds me that I am special and unique and that HE loves me and that I am here for a purpose to serve HIM.

 

With all that said I better go ahead and wash tonight LOL  You guys see why I blog !!!!!

 

 

See ya – Stay tuned for YT Channel updates I am working on topics, if you have any in mind shoot me a message or contact me on facebook or email me at vanessajordan79@yahoo.com.    

No comments:

Post a Comment