Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Coming out the Funk




                                                 Protective Style - It's a wig with hair band
                                                            I will add other photos


Lord I am grateful for Your love, your amazing power that covers and protects me.  Thank You for my family and friends.  I appreciate You I want to draw closer to You.



Well, this is Day 2 of coming out of the FUNK !  I have lots of great things going on in my life; my daughter is pregnant, starting a YT channel, loving family and a loving church family.  I plan to spend today thinking about what I have to be grateful.  This should be a powerful day.  I will stay focused on the GOOD !


I got a text this morning from a dear friend who wants to do breakfast Saturday morning.  I was sooooo excited, I love her company and I am looking forward to the fellowship.  I am grateful for all my friendships.  Friday evening I will be having dinner with a friend who is my lil sis in Christ.  We always have lots of laughs.  So gradually I am coming out of the FUNK and celebrating life. 


Natural Hair Journey: 


Last evening was my wash night, I cowashed, clarified, deep conditioned, moisturized, double strand twist and seals with oil.  I used the NEW line of Cantu; hair lotion, twist gel and pomade, I have to find the curl activator.  I saw a review on YT and liked the results.  The products all Natural hair friendly; no paraban, no sulfates, etc.  I must say the result this morning were good. I left the twist in and wore a protective style to work.


I was in denial at the beginning of my journey but I am a product junkie.  Across the board makeup, hair products, tools etc.  I would love to be a beauty editor testing and reviewing.  YT will give me the opportunity to do some of what I love doing.


I want to say more about protective styling.  Thinking and creating protective styles has been so much fun.  I found some cool hair wraps at the BSS and got a few different colors.  I wear them with afro puff and it makes a nice style. All my hair is protected.  I have been wearing protective styling since December 2012.  My last protective style I corn rolled my hair and moisturized it day and night using; oils, leave ins and moisturizing milks. When I took my hair down last night my hair was moist and felt and looked healthy.  I was grateful.  I am trying to work with my natural hair trying to find products that my hair LIKES, trying to find what works for ME.  Through this journey I am learning to love the me that I am.  My hair is my hair, sometimes I must admit I do get hair envy.  I see other women on YT with textures and length that is unbelievable.  I then look back to their journey back to a few years and they were once where I was.  I am so encouraged.    I pray the YT channel we are working on will give God the glory and help other women love who God created them to be. 


Chat with you soon ! Will keep you posted on the YT launch date.

No comments:

Post a Comment