Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Still Motivated – Still Pushing Forward


Day 1 Twist Out - Tightly defined curls




Day 3 Hair - twist out

 I got the photo uploader to work :)
                                              


Lord thank You for saving me.  Thank You for your favor, grace and mercy !!!  Your love gives me hope, gives me love and fills me with peace.


Update on YT Channel – Yesterday we discussions about how we would launch the channel.  Really wonderful idea.  I will not share much about it now but if you are a natural hair product junkie or just interested in beauty and learning how to better care for yourself you will want to be a part of this.  I will definitely keep you all in the loop as we will feel you will want to be a part of this lauching event.  We are shooting for a early Spring event.



Makeup - Yesteday was cool, I was on a mad search for KleanColors New cream eye shadows.  BBS(Beauty Supply Store) in Cleveland need to either watch the trends on YT or get a Buyer that does.  I went in about 4 BBS on my drive home from work and they were showing me palets that have been out for years.  I mean really, one sales girl said they haven’t order eye shadows in years so I was right in my thinking.  One BBS did write down and said they would order.  I just may seek out part time employment as a BBS consultant. LOL  Of course I could order them but they are 2.99 online and selling for 1 to 1.49 in BBS.  So I will let it go for now, Oh, no not yet ! I am thinking the BBS on Shaker Square might have them as they tend to keep up with the trends. 



Natural Hair Journey - Now when I write about my natural hair journey please please please understand I am not in anyway being vain or thinking I am all that because I am not.  When I say I like or love my hair it means I have found products or techniques that have made it possible for me to wear my natural hair and be pleased with it.  You see because I have been trained to love silky long hair (this is me).  So loving my hair at a natural state is a new found love. 


Well yesterday I was on a 6 day twist out turn afro.  Which is cool.  Yesterday I wore my fro, the night before I didn’t want to add more styling products and twist so I decided to do the pineapple technique.  Pineappling means I lightly pull hair up in the back and tie it in a upward position.  Before tying it up I moisturized with jobaba oil and put my castor oil mixed oil on my scalp.  My take down was amazing, my hair was soft and manageable.  I had enough curl to wear a really good fro.  Using the pineapple technique elongates the hair also, so my fro is what I consider big for me.  I look like Foxy Brown from the 70s. 


My hair is at a good place, it is growing, it is soft, no breakage.  I have been able to find what works for my hair, what my hair likes.  Hopefully I can put my product junkie to rest, I doubt it but I will try.  Finding products that don’t leave my hair greasy/gummy and leaving it soft is awesome.  I kept hearing women on YT saying my hair is soft and mine wasn’t.  I now see.  The natural hair journey is a learning process and there is definitely a learning curve.   




Tonight is Wash Night – This morning I picked up some raw honey so I can make my protein DC.  Raw Honey, Maynoisne, 1 egg, olive oil and some essential oils; rosemary.  I will put my heat cap on for 30 to 40 minutes.


Weight Loss Journey -  I will attend 1 hour bootcamp tonight.  Yesterday my eating was good for breakfast and dinner, I ate well while at work.  It helps that some of my coworkers are following a healthy lifestyle and are in the 17 challenge with me.  Praise God.  My dinner was jacked up burger and fries L  I made a bad choice, I think I was depressed that I had not found my eye shadows.  I know it sounds crazy but for me it is real.  I know I have more things to bum out about but for today this took me over the edge.  This is why writing helps me I get to see my weaknesses and flaws on paper J 


I am planning to have a wonderful boot camp experience tonight, then go home and wash my hair.  I need to be fitting in prayer service J  Lord !







No comments:

Post a Comment