Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Planning Planning Planning


Lord You are so worthy !  You SAVED me Lord !  Lord bless NCBF and we go into the second half of our life groups.  Continue to grow us and thank you for blessing us with what we need.  Thank You Lord !

 

Our life group Fit for the King is growing in numbers and in strength.  The women are bonding together.  We were praying for 1 care leader to accept the responsibility and we got 3 care leaders.  Totally awesome.  We keep our ladies in prayer as we want to walk through life together.

 

Yesterday’s worship and praise was filled with the holy spirit of God.  Amazing !  I am so glad I am out of my FUNK.  The enemy had me for awhile.  Thank God for Jesus J

 

My weekend was eventful, I went to dinner with friends Friday night and we had lots of food and laughs.  We are all natural hair girls so we started the evening by talking hair.  We did an unofficial product swap.  I picked up AS I AM cowash and a styling smoothie from AS I AM.  These products were on sale at Sally’s so on Saturday I went to Sally’s and picked up a few of the cowash.  It worked really well in my hair, it was moisturing. 

It was fun, it is always fun to try new products.  I am beginning to learn what my hair likes.  I enjoy talking hair, the natural hair community is an awesome community of women and some men who love to talk hair.  I wore my natural hair exposed openly to church on Sunday and I had so many conversations with other naturals about techniques, hair color etc.  At first I was a bit nervous about exposing my REAL hair as it has not been OUT in years LOL  I wore it and loved it, and it didn’t let me down.   What I mean is once I stepped outside I did not regret wearing my own hair out in public.  I thought about putting a head wrap on to cover some of it, but decided against it.  I went all the way and I loved it.  I thank God for giving me the confidence. 

 

I wear a lot of protective styles, LOTS LOL  But I wanted to wear my own hair, the hair God gave me.  What made it easy also on the REAL REAL was that my shampoo coloring system was delivered and I put it in and the gray went bye bye.  NOW I am natural but I do like color, I am not ready right now in my life for gray.  Gray washes me out and is dull on me.  I am not ashamed of my age and what gray represents but it does not flatter me.   

 

I love sharing info, one lady asked me how did you get your hair to do that,  I was able to share with her things that are important to do with natural hair. 

 

At dinner we did some planning as we will be working to develop a YT Channel, sooooooooooooooooooooo stay tuned.  It will be lots of work but it will also be a lot of fun.  I am excited as I have wanted to do a channel but did not have the courage to do it along.  We have a really good concept for the channel and we are all excited. 

 
I follow a lot of beauty and natural hair gurus who have taught me so much about makeup application and how to care for me hair. 

 
Now here we go, my weight loss journey was ruined while I was in the FUNK !  I am so pissed J  But I have a plan of ACTION .   My trainer texted me Saturday, yeah right, right when I was coming up out of my FUNK and we will begin 2x a week workouts.  Tuesdays and Thursday, I am excited about this.  I need my routine back !  I picked up a salad from Whole Foods this morning for my lunch.  I had oatmeal, eggs and 2 slices of bacon for breakfast.  Thus far this day I am doing good. It is a start.  I will never stop trying.
 

I have individuals in my life that are encouraging me and lifting me up, which I really appreciate.  I appreciate my subscribers to this blog soooooo very much.  I really am grateful for your ongoing support.  One of my subscribers sent me a message saying she felt I must have been in a FUNK when I stopped writing.  This touched me in a special way.  Writing this blog really helps to keep me on track and allows me to get things out.  There are things I still keep in but I get a whole lot out of my system. 

I have tons of planning to do for the life group and for the YT Channel.  EXCITING !

No comments:

Post a Comment