Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Functioning in the Funk


 
                         I had to use this phot again because this is the only photo that
                            uploads properly, again this is a protective style (wig) I ordered
                                                             from Canada during the holidays.
 

This is the end of the Funk series :)  I had not blogged since October 2012, this is when the Funk began, October is the month Chris passed.  This has been my worse year since he passed.  God is able to give me peace, but I had to ask.  Thank you Lord !

 _______________________________________________________________________
 

Lord thank you for lifting me up and giving me love.  Thank you for your mercy, grace and favor.  You provide for me when I feel like I have nothing.  I want to be more connected to You so that I can hear You clearly. Last night I prayed for God to help me work through these depressed feelings.  God is faithful, so this is the last day of the Funk for me.
 

 

Last evening Fit for the King relaunched our Life Group.  Things went so well, we had a significant amount of ladies who want to draw closer to the Lord.  We set goals and celebrated our accomplishments.  We made smoothies and had humus and chips, yummy

 

This evening I go to dinner with one of my besties.  We are planning something really fun and exciting. I always laugh and have fun when I am in her presence J   I can’t wait.  Tomorrow morning I will be doing the 7:30 a.m. walk with Blondell and the crew.  More excitement.  Then I will be having breakfast with a dear friend we will have great conversation, we have lots in common. 

 

Natural Hair Journey – My photo uploader on this program is acting a fool.  A real fool !  I would love to share my natural hair journey.  Today I am in one of my wigs, It is a favorite, as I am a product junkie I have a backup of this wig J  YES I do !  Last evening at church, I talked with a  few ladies who are natural and they were very encouraging.  I love the natural hair community.  The sisterhood is awesome on YT and in my day to day.  Since I wore weaves and braids for years many people did not know I was natural, heck I didn’t even know I was natural.  I praise God for Juanita (hair dresser)  who did not encourage me to put the creamy crack in my hair while I wore weaves.  I saw her every two weeks so my hair was still in good shape, when she would take my hair down from weaves she would blow me out, trim my ends and let me see the beauty of my hair.  She even encouraged me to go natural and directed me to the Natural hair salon.  She felt I could work some natural styles.  She lives out of state now, but I FB her to let her know and we consult about my hair via FB.  Love me some Juanita.

 

I ordered a hair product that has natural ingredients that changes the hair color from grey to black.  It is a shampoo, a review from a trusted YT guru say it needs to be shampooed in at least 2x per month.  Since it is all natural I am cool with this. I find that dealing with the grey color in my hair is my most craziest thing about my hair that I do not like.  I know I am mature in age, but I don’t dig grey on me.  I used a semi permanent color once since I was natural and it washed right out, but while it was in it was on POINT.  So my color should be here by my next wash day.  Hopefully I will have tracked down some Nafy Puffy hair, which I want to braid in for a few weeks as a protective style. 

 

Exercise: Yes I am going out in the morning at 7:30 a.m.  I love the fellowship with the women of God and I love the way I feel when I am in a cardio state.  I don’t like getting up that early but I will do it.  My ankle is better so I will test it out tomorrow. Pray with me !

No comments:

Post a Comment