Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Funk Series : Recovering from the FUNK


Over the past few months I have been in a deep slump.  When I stop writing in my blog I am in a funk !  A big funk REAL big funk !

 

I have been in a hole and have not allowed others to help me out.  I have had some major miracles in my life over the past few months, so I should be giving God the praise all over the place.  But I haven’t for this I am sooooo sorry.  Instead I have been in a master hole.

 

Today I have decided to love myself again and to work to be a better me.  A dear friend of mine emailed me today saying she felt depressed and I agreed with her that I too was in a stay of depression.  She asked if she should seek out a doctor for medication and I immediately said I need to get in my Bible more and to pray about my condition.  I also told her I need a good shopping trip LOL  Yesterday I talked to a friend who also has been in a funk.  Funk were her exact words ! 

 
When she and I had this discussion I said I need to write also, writing keeps me connected to God and myself.  It is a release. 

 
I want to pray for my sisters who are feeling the funk of life, the emptiness the loniness and insecurities.  We have to really know God is there for us and believe and trust Him to deliver us.  I am asking God to really help us and other’s who are suffering from the Funk.

 
This is a brief write up if I wrote my feelings over the past few months it would be way too long.

_____________________________________________

But a small catch up is that I have gone NATURAL, yes NATURAL.  I transitioned while I was wearing hair weaves.  During the time I did not realize I was going natural until I decided not to get braids or another weave.  I wanted to see my hair for what it was and to take care of it.  Since about October 2, 2012 I have been in my natural hair journey. 

 

I feel like I have so much catching up to do, I will upload some of my early day photos like day one and two.  You will laugh because I looked crazy but I was so proud.  I have learned lots of Natural care language which is cool.  Tonight is my hair wash night.  It is a big deal something that I enjoy.  I am a product junkie and will be using some new syling products tonight.  I think I will be do some mini twist and wearing a protective style over them,  We will see.  My protective styles consists of afro puffs with hair wraps, wigs and caps. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment