Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

PJ

Lord I thank you so much for loving and protecting me.  You are so faithful !


I have been extremely busy doing my research for our YT Channel.  It is busy work but it has been fun working to develop topics and content.  I am a big fan of YT and I am subscribed to over 800 channels.  I tend to truly follow my favorites.  But yeah, the channel is coming together well.  The team has divided up tasked based on our skill set. 


Natural Hair Journey Today - I am on a 4 day twist out.  Meaning I washed my hair on Saturday and started my original style on a twist out.  Last evening I retwisted using the New Cantu Natual line.  As you know I am a shopper and as a result I am a product junkie.  Most morning I go into Whole Foods to pick up my breakfast (oatmeal with raisins and nuts).  Well when I was in there yesterday I strolled through the hair section.  I wanted to check out Kinky Curly Knot today, my two natural sisters in Christ swear by it and their hair and they have fantastic hair.  So to my surprise there was a tester of all the Kinky Curly products.  My heart raced, I picked it up, smelled it and proceeded to take some out and I actually put it on my hair.  I think another shopper saw me I was a tad bit embarrassed. It reminds me a bit of my Cantu twist gel.  My hair seemed to enjoy it.  I didn't stop there I went to YT and did my research, really good reviews from gurus I trust.  Taren916 uses it and she has big hair but it is fine hair, and I have fine hair with loose curl pattern.  She used it with the Kinky Curly custard and it didn't give her hair what she wanted, so she combined it with Tressame Natural conditioner, which I already have at home.  So now of course, I will pick up the custard this evening for my wash tonight.  I will first try it with Kinky Curly Knot Today.  Alot of the reviews say it takes a long time to dry so I will take this into account.  Tommorow I may leave it twisted.  I am excited about it.  Now my staple leave in as been Giovanni and this will be the first time I have swayed from it.  So we will see my results. 

I think I am crazy because my Cantu line works wonderfully.  This is day 4 and the Cantu is still holding strong.  My hair is soft, it moves and did not shrink alot.  I may eventually try a wash n go.  Since October 2012 I have been a two strand twist; whether it is a twist out or an afro.  I have always felt my curl pattern was too loose for a wash and go and that I would not have good curl definition.  But I feel my Cantu or the Kinky Curly could give me a good wash n go.  I will play around with this once I get the swing of these products.  I like to wear protective styling 3 weeks out of the month and this week is my week I wear my hair out at work.  So I might have to do wash n go next month.  Last evening when I twisted my hair, I did go ahead and trim my ends, it was more than a dusting, I took off about 1/4 of an inch.  I think I did a good job. My hair was easier to untwist this morning. 

Problem areas:  I am noticing that an area of  nap is breaking as a result of me wearing my winter scarf. I am glad I am more in tune with hair so that I can correct this now.  My edges appear to be growing in gradually.  I feel and see hair where there were actually bald spots.  I continue to put Black Jamacian castor oil in these area and on my crown area where it has thinned.  I also use various products from Shea moisture thickening line.  I especially like the thickening mist spray which I spray directly on troubled areas. 


I had this crazy idea that going natural would be less expensive, but for me it cost me more money in products.  Not that I have to have them I want them.  I like testing the results.  I have got to put a hold on the spending and use up some of my current items.  After I pick up the Kinky custard I will chill for awhile. 

Makeup - I plan to make a stop at target as they have 50% off of Iman foundations which are expensive for drug store brand.  I have never invested in any, but now I just may take advantage of the sale if I can color match myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment