Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Delayed Gratification - Fit Check vs. Scale

Monday 9-3-12 race time for me was 42:03.5 - 13.34 mile
OROC race I finished a little better 41:16.6 with a 13.19 mile
Escape on the Lake 5K results:  47:13.2 - I walked during this race
Last Thursday's Training Day - delayed gratification - I see myself  slimming down in this photo
or either Blondell got me at a good angle LOL


Lord I am so pleased that You are my creator.  You are a loving and forgiving Lord.  Lord forgive me to any sins that I have committed.  Lord please help me with family issues allow peace to continue and flow throughout my home.  Lord help me to properly help!  Thank You Lord!

Weight Loss Update:  On my Saturday weight in I had dropped 3 lbs from the previous weekend.  I was so pleased.  The numbers are beginning to show up on the scale.  With weight training I am building muscle and it weighs more.  I have not gained any week but one week I maintained and I was losing slower than usual. 

My total loss since July 1st 2012 til September 1, 2012 has been a total of 13 lbs.  On July 1st, I resumed working out feeling like my right foot had healed to the point where I could begin to workout.  Usually when I am working out I lose about 10 lbs per month.  So yes I was discouraged, but I realized one of these weekends I would see my reward//results. 

Delayed gratification is crucial while working out..  When working out you MUST know that you must be persistent, and determined, having faith that the results will be positively affecting your scale ONE DAY.  You  all know I work out a lot and for the scale not to move was driving me crazy.  Eric my trainer would reassure me I was building muscle.  I read something about pushing the scale away and find an outfit/dress that you want to look nice in and try it on every week instead of weighing.  I do know that throughout all of this I dropped a dress size.  So I was seeing results but I like the scale to tell me.  LOL 

Now I have a favorite pair of jeans, I only have two pair and these bad boys cost me 99 bucks.  Yes I am crazy, but they fit really nicely.  I tried them on Saturday and they did not fit as I would like, I don’t like to fight with my jeans.  I want to be able to pull them up and zip.  Ladies you know what I am talking about.  I tell you what I am not ready for these jeans yet.  So every Saturday I will try them on for a fit check.  Wanting to get into those jeans will help push me.  It may be winter time before it happens but the feeling will be great.

Speaking of feeling,, Monday at the race one or two women  spoke about how they feel so much better; physically, mentally and spiritually.  It is a total feeling of well being, feeling healthier and stronger.  When  I talked about this with one woman and then another, it made it real to me.  I too  am in a much better place in all these areas and I am grateful.  I am a fit chick.  I am a fit chick, I AM A FIT CHICK.    God is growing and stretching me and allowing me to have peace with me and discovery myself. 

My passion for fitness is growing and I love it.  No longer do I tread working out.  Now I am not in love love with it.  But I love how I feel when the workout is over. 

Stay in prayer with me regarding FIT for the KING life group.  This week I am putting together the syllabus for the study group.  I am asking God to pour into me and use me as his vessel to help others.  God is faithful so I am not fearful I am excited to watch the group develop.

See ya !  Chat with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment