Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Holding it DOWN !





Pat Hitchens, Andrea Wallace, ME, Rose - we walked the 4 miles - it was great to  walk and not  RUN !  After the race Pat invited me and Andrea Wallace to her house for Chicken and Dumplings (yummy) !

Lord I am grateful !  You are teaching me patience.  On the other side of this storm I will know true patience.  You are a loving God.  I stand on Your promises to never leave or forsake me.  Forgive me of any sins that I may have committed.  I do want to live in Your will Lord. Lord I ask a special prayer that you resolve conflict as YOU are the Prince of PEACE !  Amen !

Well I haven’t blogged since this weekend.  I have been on course and holding it DOWN !  This week has been somewhat busy as usual. God gives me strength to carry on.  On Monday evening I met up at Shaker with the NCBF Team, we all walked, for me it was a recovery walk from my race on Saturday.  I have to be mindful of my ankle.  On Monday morning I met with Eric, personal trainer and worked out it was great. 

This morning I met with Eric and it was crazy, I thought I was getting ready to leave and his assistant comes out with a mat.  I am thinking REALLY ! WHAT !  She asked me to give her a 2 minute plank, she said Eric wanted to increase the intensity.  OK WELL !  Planks take a lot of all over body strength from your head to your toes and all in between, especially the CORE.  It takes good body formation and slow steady breathing.  Your MIND has to connect with your BODY to get you through.  Eric reminded me of my faith and asked me to rely on it to get this plank done.  Well I did it without falling, and I am still living.  Then his assistant asked me to do 1 ½ minutes, then a 1 minute.  I got them all done without falling and with pretty good formation.  Eric said he may have to give me a plague that says BAD A___ ! 

I did a lot of arm work today, which I needed.  I don’t go back until Monday, so on Friday I will go to Lifetime and do the machines !  I got to get it IN being consistent.  My Friday trainer is on vacation, so I will encourage myself through my workout at Lifetime.  They have tons of really cool machines.  I will do upper body focusing on arms, and big body muscles.  I am learning the language LOL   Hopefully I can get a yoga class in at Lifetime.  I would love this. 

This week I will try and work in a massage.  I plan to buy the 4 package deal that will be a nice reward for myself instead of shopping.  I will make the sacrifice, I will probably get a massage every other week until I use the 4 up.  If I refer someone I will get a extra one for every person that signs up, Great Deal !

Thursday night is Fit for the King !  I am excited about the group. I am trying to keep my energy level up and stay positive and prayed up !  Tonight is prayer meeting , I’m IN !  I am excited, I need to pray about some things and connect myself in prayer with my church family. 

Yesterday I got a call from a sister at the church saying First Lady had asked that I serve and commit to pray for a couple special events that are coming up.  This is great I know the power of prayer works.  I am pleased to be a part of this group. 

Don’t Judge Me PLEASE – I know I am pushing myself, but it is a good push I could be doing lots worse.  You know I use to eat for breakfast 2 egg mcmuffins, lunch was fast food (big mac) and dinner was mostly pizza or fast food.  I now try to practice clean eating for the mass majority of my meals.  Smoothies for breakfast, lunch salad with chicken breast, and dinner is usually smoothie or salad.  Dinner is tricky if I go out with friends I order not so wisely LOL  But I am working on this !  SO when I run/walk, race, train I am sometimes over doing it I need to recover.  I have to find a balance.

Now here I go this is why I say don’t JUDGE me.  This Saturday I am training with the NCBF Team at 7:30 a.m. for a 5 mile run at Euclid Creek.  YES !  Excited ! YES ! 

Now here it is at 10:00 a.m. I have a 4 mile WALK for Nami.  Nami is a mental health organization that my agency supports.  So I will be WALKING WITH MY CO WORKERS.  I haven’t even posted this on our GROUP Run page, because I am DOING TOO MUCH LOL  Pray for your sister !  But I love being active and the causes are for such good reasons. 

I will keep you all posted.  After the race hopefully I will have a massage scheduled. 

Sunday after church I will be attending my friend Michelle’s H. picnic at Euclid Creek.  Pray I don’t go sprinting up the hill LOL   See ya’ll

No comments:

Post a Comment