Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Met the Team ! It takes an entire Village !

Blondell Hinton - Running Trainer 
Eric Price - Personal Trainer - Body Builder
Teresa Brown -Personal Trainer  
NCBF Team - run walk trot or jog - We get it in 5K 
Falanda Collins Fit Physique Boot Camp - Excellent Cardio 
Nulife Bootcamp - Miesha and Dee owner - Working it OUT !
Lord I am so grateful that You provide me with what I need to be help me spiritually, mentally and physically.  Lord You and only You give me the strength and courage to push forward.  I am so gratful.  I am grateful for what you plan to do in my life and those that surround me.  Lord I am asking You to continue to bless me, the NCBF Team and my Life Group Fit for the King.  Lord you are so kind and caring.  You show up and love all over us.  Thank You Lord !

MEET the Team !  This is how I GET IT IN !  I work it in running, personal trainers and boot camps.  To God be the Glory !  For me the team that surrounds me works.  I am able to maintain a healthy lifestyle with these various fitness activities.  I am so grateful for having all these people in my life right now.  You know I am a big fan of support giving and taking it in LOL I also know there are times when you have to encourage yourself and push through.  Sometimes when all these people and support are around and the workouts are challenge for a few seconds I do feel along, I have to call on God and then look next to me and see that others are struggles with the same challenge.

Today on Labor Day I ran a 5K (3.1 miles) it was a challenge even though we run 4 and 5 miles twice a week.  There is a difference in training and competing.  Today I experienced the result of training.  I was able to run/trot the entire race.  Yes I got tired, real tired, but I knew from previous experience the race could be completed.  I ran next to my pace partner, we only said a few words to each other as we had our focus on the race and our surrounding.  The words we did say were words to encourage and pull the other along.  I managed to beat my time from previous race a few weeks ago by 3 minutes.  YES !  good RIGHT !  YES !  I was encouraged.  Training is working,

I want to say that the NCBF Team is awesome, fantastic and wonderful.  Blondell leads us in a way that is so encouraging.  Her sense of humor is awesome.  Today many of us started the race fast without a warm up and within seconds we were going uphill.  She rode up behind us and said "FIND YOUR PACE".  This was a quick reminder to find ourselves and not bother ourselves with the other racers.  She knew immediately that if we kept our current pace we were in trouble.  As soon as she said the light bulb went off and I would MY pace, and I was then ok.

We ALL finished and had strong finishes.  Our fellowship before and afterward was amazing as usual. Many family members came to support their team members.  The group is growing, our first 5k had about 7 racers and today's 5K had about 19.  Amazing !  If you notice the photo we had on our NCBF Ts.  We represented NCBF well and God surely got the glory.

I introduced you to my trainers check them out on facebook they are awesome and gifted in their work.

Thank You Lord for this Labor Day a day of recognizes our daily labor and celebrating work.  I praise God for having my career and have been blessed to be at the same employer for 19 years.

Oh yeah my daughter moved home today.  I am happy to have her close as she was a west sider.  Pray for my family.  Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment