Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Strong Finish

Strong Finish - We brought it IN
Yeah Boy !    The team approach is so inspiring.  I think Blondell was hiding behind a tree when she took this, she is something else.

Lord You are Good and your Mercy endureth  Forever !  Lord You are so magnificent, I love You Lord.  You are fantastic and forever showing.  I am living a life of abundance, living in my purpose and I am grateful.  You provide for me like no other.  You love on me and fill my voids.  Lord I am so grateful !  Lord thank You

I am standing as I go through the storms of life.  I want you to know that God is so able and capable of doing anything.  Lord I just too always remember to GIVE YOU THE GLORY and praises. 
Pace - Andrea and then you see me - finding a good Pace partner is  KEY

OK so yesterday, at our Tuesday run I am always challenged which is good, I don’t want to feel extremely comfortable.  Don’t let nobody fool you running is tough real tough.  I ran and had to throw a walk in every now and again.  But I made sure I got back to running, I don’t want to ever lose it.  I want to thank Andrea Wallace for her pace, I have learned a trick or two about running unlike walking.  Pace is important, finding  somebody who runs your pace is awesome.  Andrea and I seem to run at the same pace.  Running beside her in back of her ad in front of her helps us both to stay focus and we encourage one another when we see we are exhausted, yes exhausted.  We run our race.  It is a small world we were college cheerleaders together at Cleveland State in the 70s and now here we are more matured ladies still working out and doing it together. 

Now  about a ½ mile out for the finish line here comes young blood who is about 12 or 13 years old.  We like where you come from, she smiled and kept running with us.  Now as we approached the finish line she went into a sprint right next to me.  Now I am 53 but I was not going to let this young lady out run me.  Where she is young I have years of determination under my belt.  We both sprinted to the finish line together.  It was AMAZING.  It felt powerful and it let me know right then you can do anything if you make up your mind and do it.  Me and her gave each other high fives at the end she was a lot of fun.  I am sure she probably could have taken me but she was kind enough to let the old lady feel good LOL

This morning 7:00 a.m. I meet with Eric, I went in tired and I should have put something on my stomach.  I didn’t have dinner so I was on zero.  He pushed me on the machines and I lifted and I did step-ups.  I did treadmill 15 minutes before all of this.  He is working to strengthen my lower back and this was a good workout.  It’s tough but it is all GOOD.  I am excited  as I am growing stronger and feeling better emotionally.  My posture is better, I think I am gonna bring one of my big balls to my desk at work and sit on it during my workday.  I picked up some bands I will be also doing those on my breaks to strength my arms and legs. 
August 28, 2012 - NCBF TEAM - we get our Tshirts at Monday's Race  I am excited

This morning when I got home I was rushing  because I have to be at work by 9:00 a.m.  I finally got  items needed to make my morning smoothies.  I had to take the blender out of the box and put it together, but I did it.  I was determined to start today, I have been wanting to do this for 2 months, YES.  I used 2 scoops of whey protein powder, chai powder, blueberries, raspberries, almond butter (instead of peanut butter) and unsweetened almond milk.  It was delicious.  This will replace my morning oatmeal and eggs for a while.  I will although make oatmeal smoothies.  I will share recipe soon.  They are really good.  On my way into work I stopped at Whole Foods and picked up celery, Kale, and carrots, and banana, I plan to make a drink for my dinner this evening.  I also am giving up my morning cup of Ice Coffee with ½ and ½.  This is almost as hard for me to give up as PEPSI was, but I gave up PEPSI.  I am replacing ICE Coffee with Green Tea L  I can’t pretend like I like it but it will become a habit and I will do it.  I have to give up the caffeine.  OK I said it I put it out there so I will now work to do it. 

I will do my Boot Camp this evening at Nulife, I will not be able to make Falanda’s as I have to go to a prayer ministry meeting at 6:30 and her camp starts at 6:30

Let’s me strong and take care of our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment