Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sister is 71 years old: Check out the link below to find out about her lifestyle
 I found this today while on Pinerest
click here:  SuperVegan - PETA's Vegetarian Tells SuperVegan Where to Find the Fountain of Youth

Lord God You are mighty is battle !  Yes !  Continue to help me to move out of Your way and allow Your will in my life.  I thank You for all your blessings.  You show me daily that You are my father, provider, protector and an awesome covering.  Lord I am so grateful.

Yesterday was simply magnificent.  I was able to help a friend who is struggling with her self image.  She is fortunate to have machines and a treadmill in her apartment building.  She did some treadmill and used some machines and some floor ab work.  While she was on the treadmill I got to do some reps for my arms.
She was so tired after the workout but she was excited about mapping out her plan.  We were able to set realistic goals and lay out a plan.  It was so much fun, I will stop by her apartment on Friday and we will workout together.  Now being the girlfriends that we are we had to go shopping afterward to buy some new workout clothes.  Yeah, ladies you know are we are :)  I was excited because she needed this in her life at this time.  Awesome !  Now I am still on my NO BUY meaning I am determined and committed to wearing clothes that are already in my closet.  Now this doesn't mean I don't accept gifts, so wouldn't you know she told me my idea of a no buy was being silly and brought me the outfit.  Thank You :)  One of my favorite resale stores is opening on Mayfield, Clothes Mentor. They take in designer used clothing and resell it.  I heard this store is being picky about what they accept, which is good.  I have gotten designer dresses at their other store for 15 to 30 bucks.  It is a good way to buy clothes as you lose weight for affordable prices. You might be thinking why is she talking about this new store and she is on a NO BUY !  Well I can take in some of the designer clothes I no longer want and exchange for a new dress !  YAY !

Now as for the photo and article above, this woman is now 71 years old.  Inspiring ! So inspiring !  She is a vegan, no animal, no fish, no chicken, no eggs, she is a raw vegan and has been a vegan for 40 years.  Not saying this is the lifestyle for me but it is a healthy option.  I have been able to eliminate red meat, again not saying I won't have it periodically, but it is not in my meal plan.

Tonight is the 5 mile walk at The Creek, I am so ready, I will be doing the walk/run Couch to 5K method.  I will do better today, Monday was not good as I walked with a friend and we got caught up in conversation.

Please subscribe and leave comments, the comments help to keep me encouraged too.  Love Ya'll !




No comments:

Post a Comment