Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Training Day !

Flowers for my mama !  from Olivia's Daughter !
2nd year anniversary of her passing August 4th 
                                                       
                   
Group prior to walk/run
Praise God ! Praise God !  Thank You Lord !  I love You Lord !  You are so good to me !  Thank You for Your Favor, Your Grace and Mercy !  Magnificent is ALL Your ways.  Lord bless my family and friends.  Protect us Lord keep us out of harms way.  Lord Bless our Sister Blondell as she ventures out for her weekend of biking.  Lord give her strength and over protection to all the bikers !  Lord bless my fellowships this weekend with family and friends.  Lord help me to live in Your will, Your plan for me Lord !  Your will !  Give me strength as I honor the anniversary of my mother’s passing !  Walk with me Lord !  Walk with me !  Amen !



Group after walk/run - more people came and joined in !
Yes, Yes, Yes !  Yesterday was another awesome day that God gave me strength and courage to live.  Yesterday my work day was really good, I am caught up on tons of paperwork, social worker’s/therapist have soooooooooooo much paperwork, documentation.  I have developed good administrative skills as a result, for this I am grateful. 

I met with the personal trainer and he WORKED my 53 year old self OUT.  I had thought I was going in for a sit down talk about my needs and sign up.  I was so WRONG !  I told him what I had thought and he laughed and then I knew I was in for it.  Well he had me warm up for 5 minutes on the treadmill, I was thinking OH I can do this, no big deal.  I did, then came the machines, pumping iron, then came more cardio.  I had to do squats, I have strong legs so squats have not really challenged me.  He put a box on the floor, about a foot size box and I had to touch it with my boom.   I was thinking REALLY !  I had to do 20 and had to do them correctly, then after that with the same box I had to step up and down for about 20 and then switch starting off with the other leg.  At that point sweat rolled down my face and he smiled.  When then proceed to leg and hip machine, now I am thinking in my head, not out loud of course, “I didn’t tell you nothing about my hip and thighs being target areas”.  But I guess he sees room for improvement J 

Long story short, it was great.  After a workout I am always grateful I did it.  He challenged me in ways I had never been challenged.  Funny think is my lower back pain is not there today.  So maybe there was something we did that affected my back muscles in a good way.   I will be meeting with him 2x per week.  He is very noticeable about the body, he has been a fitness trainer for 20 years and his fitness center and equipment is state of the arts.  Keep him in prayer as he is a entrepreture working to help others live healthy.

Couch to 5K routine 

Ok, now then I leave there and go off to Euclid Creek.  I uploaded the Couch to 5k on my phone so I was ready to begin the 20 minute program.  Warm up 5 minutes, then run for 60 seconds then walk for 90 seconds.  This pattern continues for 20 minutes then a cool down.  I did 2.01 miles in about 14 minutes.  Then I continued to walk the rest of the 5 miles.  The app actually tells you to walk, jog, brisk walk, cool down.  Very simple.  You can also have music from your play list ( I have not figured this part out yet).  I have to do this 3x per week.  Each week the amount of seconds of the run increases and the walk decreases until you are running a 5K.  WOW  !  Following the program was simple enough that I could do it.  So I feel encouraged for my next training.  I will do it during my Sunday am. 6:45 a.m. walk or during my evening walk.  This method is recommended by Black Runs Girl and many others.  Dayrnice and Tierra told me about it and I was encouraged.  The sharing of info is so important.

On my way home a friend called and we met for dinner, I was tempted to not accept the dinner because I just wanted to go home and soak in the tub, but I went and had an enjoyable time of conversation.  Friends are cool !

Oh yeah one last think, I picked up a weighed hoola loop from Dicks Sporting.  I will put it together and work it out.  Good for core area, it is a no brainer. 

Tonight I am going to dinner with friends we will be celebrating a birthday, it will be tons of fun.  I love fellowshipping with my NCBF family. 

If you have questions or comments please leave them in the comment area.  If you are interested in our walk/run program comment me.  Thanks for viewing and or subscribing.

See ya !

                                Please read:  Post written by one of our team members - posted on Facebook

I have never felt so empowered as I do with my NCBF family. They encourage, inspire, support, and care. They understand, "they get me." Thank you NCBF ladies (Tues & Thurs walk/run group). Thanks Blondell for introducing me to this venture,
                                              Amen Sis !

No comments:

Post a Comment