Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"Work Hard"


All Praise go to God !  I praise the Lord and give him the honor and glory in my life.  I am so grateful, Lord !  Lord even when I thought you were not there You were there watching over me, guiding me and loving me.  Lord I am thankful and so grateful.

Just to let you all know, this blog will be short and sweet.  Why ?  Because I met with Eric,  my personal trainer, this morning at 7:00 a.m. and he worked my arms.  So therefore my arms are sore and tired.  Just kidding but he did pump it up from Monday’s routine.  His words to me were “You Work Hard”, he said this to me twice.  I was grateful for the compliment but this means he expects more from me.  I thought to myself I need to stop showing off J  I gave the glory to God and told me “I Try”.  Trying our best is all we can possibly, humanly do.  When the weights got heavy I wanted to cry like a baby and give up, really I wanted to, but I keep pumping. 

He explained to me in simple terms that if the muscle is comfortable it is not working at full capacity.  I have to feel the burn and move away from my comfort zone.  I definitely felt the burn, to me it felt like fire.  But I know like everything if I keep pushing it will get better and I will eventually get results.  He helped me learned to find my target zone on the treadmill, which I never knew much about, I just ride and look at all the bells and whistles hoping I am working at full capacity.  He explained that if my heart is not in the target range, I will only be burning calories and not burning fat.  Never knew this,  I think this is the number on the scale that shows body fat, I will ask him next time. 

I am learning lots from my trainer, I am really learning to challenge my body. I am a cardio type of girl, but I know weight training will render me longer lasting results, I need to build muscle.  Not manly type muscle but a toner look which changes the composition of the body.  See don’t I sound smarter J  I’m learning !

Eric suggested I ride my treadmill on the mornings I don’t see him for 30 minutes within my target rage.   Since I walk/run and do cardio he had to put me on a incline to push me, he said my body has adjusted to walk/run and it is now the normal for my body.  So I have to make my run/walk and or treadmill more challenging and reach my target zone.  He suggested I get a heart monitor so when I run/walk I am in my target range.  WOW !  This is probably why my weight loss has slowed down.  Last month I lost 9 lbs and normally when I am working out as much as I am I can lose 10 to 11 lbs per month.  Now 9 is good, but I just want to make sure I working out wisely getting the benefit of my workouts.

Yesterday I walk/run with the NCBF Team we are still going strong.  We are committed to fitness and support one another.  I wonder what our Fall schedule will be since Life Groups, Prayer Service and Choir are beginning next month.  Our service to God is our priority, we will keep this in prayer.  I also did my boot camp which was 45 minutes of cardio. 

I have been staying to my meal plan, drinking water and having about 8 ounces of fresh ice green tea daily. 

If you have questions or comments please feel free to leave in the comment box.  Or contact me in my Facebook inbox or email me at vanessajordan79@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment