Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pumping Iron



LORD I want to thank You for the precious gift of life.  I don’t want to take this gift for granted.  Lord guide me in my purpose !  I want to live according to Your will in my life!  Help me Lord !  I need You !   Thank You for Your many blessings !  Amen !

Yesterday was a good day !  I followed my meal plan closely and feel good about my choices.  I did not consume as much water as needed to, I will focus on this today.  I know water is such as significant as eating healthy and exercise.  I had about 32 ounces which is not enough, but I did begin drinking green decaf tea.  I let it cool down added ice and drank it at my desk as ice tea.  It was really good and refreshing.  So this actually helped my water intake and green tea is suppose to help burn fat.  I am still enjoying my morning ice coffee which is MY THING !  It is caffeinated so it is not good for me L

Today is filled with excitement !  Things got off to a good start and I am seeking God’s direction !  Yesterday I attended Zumba it was a really nice experience, and good workout.  The fitness center All About You is really nice.  I talked with the owner and I am going back today for a Free Consultation with the owner/personal trainer.   I have a few target areas that I need help with and weight training, pumping iron will help me reach that goal.  I always say I am gonna work on my arms when I get home, but I don't.  So I need a little push.  I will learn some things take a few sessions and hopefully will be more encouraged to do the work at home.  I have always watched the guys in the gym pump iron but was I felt intimidated and wouldn't go mainly because I didn't know what to do.  I have more courage now so I will check it out !

Today the NCBF Team meets for our 5 mile walk at Euclid Creek !  I plan to begin the Couch to5K routine this evening.  Which is 5 minutes warm up walk, then walk 90 seconds then run 60 seconds until you complete 20 minutes.  ( I have to remember to wear my watch).  They suggest not to run past the 60 seconds even if you feel you can.  Each week you you add more seconds to the run until you are running the entire 5K.  I will need to upload the app, which helps guide you through the run.  Excellent App !

I have an exciting weekend planned.  Friday I will be riding to Lorain with friends to celebrate her husband’s birthday.  Hanging out with friends and family  is sooooooo much fun.  I am sure we will have a blast !  Lots of laughter !

Saturday will be a day of celebration of my mother’s life.  Saturday is the anniversary of her passing.  I miss ma soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much !  God will get me through the day. I plan to do some positive things, workout, pedicure and manicure and spend some time with my grandbaby.  I am sure he will say something funny !  I also have a baby shower to attend, I will see friends and have a good time.  Sunday will be a day of getting God’s word and Praise.  Thank You Lord !

No comments:

Post a Comment