Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Breaking the Chain

                        
                Gathering for Prayer -  Thank You Lord !


The team is growing and looking good !


Lord Your Favor on my life is so amazing !  You give me just what I need !  You provide for me in an awesome way.  I thank You LORD for Your loving care.  The protection You surround me with, the Peace You placed in my heart.  The courage You give me to move forward !  I know it is You and I am so grateful !  All Glory belongs to You !


FYI - Ladies have been reaching out to me about the walk/run feeling they are not in shape enough to do it, I explain that we are all at different fitness levels, different ages and EVERYONE  is encouraged.  We are inspired by one another's courage to show up and GET IT IN.   Some walk, some run, some do the combination of both.   We are doing what we can do to get fit.  The atmosphere is very pleasant and we cheer everyone over the finish line.  This is what makes the Team AWESOME !


                   Check out Photo’s of Yesterday’s Walk
        Photo Credit:  Blondell Hinton and Falanda Collins- Awesome Women of God
                                     
Yesterday was another day of awesomeness !  I am not sure if awesomeness is a real word but I am using it.  I was obedient to my meal plan, eating whole clean foods.  These foods fuel my body for my active daily activities.  It has taken me years to understand that the foods I put in my body can either help me or hinder me.  I now realize the importance of good protein in my breakfast, when I include it in my breakfast I have good energy till about 1:00 in the afternoon.  If I don’t me am starving or feeling starved by 11:15 a.m.  My evenings use to be fueled with foods, snacks, junk food.  I mean I would get up at 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. at night and drive to the store and get a bag of cheddar popcorn (my fav) the big bag.  Now if I have a protein drink for dinner with protein I am good for the evening.   I may have a Kashi Bar if I need it.  I listen for real hunger vs nervous eating or emotional eating.  I busy myself with positive things, getting in my Word.  Seeking out God ! 

The NCBF Team met at Shaker I believe there about 16 of us there.  Many were first timers.  It was a blessing to be in the company of other women who have chosen to make exercise a part of their lifestyle.   These women are making better choices.  Some of these woman are exposing their daughters to a healthier lifestyle which is awesome.  We are breaking the chain of obesity and offering our youth healthier lifestyles.  I love my mom dearly but this is an area she lacked motivation in, in her adult life she was always overweight, full figured.  She loved unhealthy eating and I took that on.  My dad was overweight.  Both had complications with food related disease that lead to their death.  So it is so important to teach our youth good eating and exercise habits !

Today will be day 3 for my boot camp this week.  YES ! I am so grateful God gives me the strength and courage to do my workouts.  I thought my walk/run for Cervical Cancer was this weekend, My Bad, it is on the 18th.  Don’t know how I mixed this up.  So I will have a few more weeks to train before that race.  I will be participating with another group I belong to which is Gonegirlgo with Zoe Brown.  I am excited and looking forward to participating.  If you are interested let me know I will provide you with the link for registration.  It is a 5K leaving from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.


I am almost ready to start making my own protein drinks, I have been gathering things, I have my protein powder, chica(sp) powder, almond butter (instead of peanut butter), unsweetened almond milk and a blender.  I need to pick up some frozen fruits from Aldi and it's on.



Me and Cheryl - Cheryl and I power walked the streets of Cleveland Heights for years before she went off and got all married up !  LOL  It was good having her join the walk today.  






Looking real good - we got some first timers tonight Andrea, Valerie,  Lori and Cheryl - Welcome !
Brenda back there look all cute with her hair blowing in the wind !  


Andrea and Glenville coming across the finish line - They made a hard finish - Get it in Andrea  !

Brenda and Cheryl - Walking it Out !




Dayrnice Getting it In - Such a Diva !
I have brought my jump rope -  have not used it yet  LOL
I will use it this weekend LOL

I have incorporated the 1lb hand weights into my walk/run - YES  !
They are very comfortable to the hand 


Work really hard to get your daily amount of water in.  We are suppose to drink 1/2 our body weight !  

No comments:

Post a Comment