Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Rosemary Chester RIP

Lord you are mighty in everything !  I trust You with my life !  I am grateful to You for the gift of life.  I want to make You a proud father Lord !  I want to thank You for creating and loving me !  Lord I feel your strength runing through my veins.  I thank You !


Rosemary Chester, was loved by all that knew her.  She made the workplace a more peaceful place.  She was a  woman who believed in the power of prayer.  I can remember twice in my life emailing her in time of prayer.  I always knew if I needed to hear the Word to wander into her office for support.  Her smile and sincerity will always be remembered.  She fougt a good fight and ran a good race.  RIP Rose

   
Ok, this morning, at 7:00 a.m. I met with my trainer.  I mention the time because sometimes we fall into the excuse I don't have time to workout.  Sometimes we just have to make the time and organize our lives to make it happen.  I did some arm and core work, I am lifting iron and feeling stronger. Toward the end of the rep my arms begin to tremble, this is when I have to keep my focus and remember it will be over soon LOL  It is hard getting up but I get up, I turn the bed a loose pray for strength and get it moving.  The experience in the gym is calm, quiet and very peaceful.  I ride the treadmill as a warm up when I get there and my trainer's wife is already on her treadmill, we have good conversation and then I move on to machines and in between the machines I do cardio to keep my heart rate up.  At one point I reminded my trainer that I was 53 years old to let him no I am no spring chicken, his response was that means you have had more years to get ready for this.  I then let him know if he catches me rolling my eyes at him to understand that I really don't mean it and to keep pushing.  Folks I really need the push if I had to do all what he has me doing at home I would stop immediately, quick fast and in a hurry, like stop after rep 3 LOL  So I will go back Wednesday morning for more trauma.  He laughs when I call it trauma as he knows I am a social worker/therapist.  Keep me in prayer people.  Again I don't want muscular arms they need toning, abs need to be sucked, tucked and pulled, but I know it will take time, dedication, and commitment.

This evening I will do my Boot Camp which is cardio and strength training.  My goal in this class is do the cardio with proper technique and form.  During strength training I want to be able to do the crunches, weights etc correctly working to get through the reps.  The difference in strength training during boot camp from my PT is that I can get away with not doing them LOL  I can not do one or two, but with the PT I have to do them all.

Tonight is bible study at Nicole's !  Excited about studying God's word.  We had homework too.
On Saturday I participated in Bible study training preparing us as teachers for upcoming Life Groups.  This Wednesday will be an evening of excitement as we do Group Link.  Group Link gives people interested in participating in Life Group a closer look at each group to determine what their own needs would be for placement.  It will be held thisWednesday August 15th at 7:00 p.m. at NCBF.  I have a tab on this blog that will take you to NCBF where you can obtain address and any other info.

I am so glad I made the decision to have my hair braided, there is still maintenance to be done but it is so less stressful and I don't have to go to the salon 2x monthly freeing up my evening schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment