Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Allow God to Love U

Lord You are so awesome !  So very awesome !  You are so worthy !  I want to just thank You for showing Yourself in my life.  For never leaving or forsaking me.  In my darkest moments You have been there growing me.  Lord I thank You for the miracle you are working in my life right now.  My faith is strong as I listen for You and You show me You are with me.  I thank God for my obedience today waiting instead of reacting out of nervousness and anxiousness.  I feel so good when I allow You to work in my life and battle for me.  I give You the praise for the rest of my life Lord.  Only You Lord !  I love You Lord !

Today I allowed God to work in my life.  I stepped out of His way and allowed Him to love on me and show me who He is.  I realize I have no power and no control and God has it all.  So when I am in a situation that I can do absolutely nothing about, I try not to let my human feelings get in and interfer with God's work.  Yesterday I was talking to a friend and explained my situation asking her for prayer.  I asked her to pray that I keep myself out of it, because if I were to intervene I would end up saying something inappropriate, maybe evening cussing somebody out. Just messing up everything ! Just keeping it 100% !  Remember this is me trying to operate in a highly stressful situation, most likely not focused on God because I am thinking the worse.  So instead of me acting I chose to let God handle it.  Thus far things for today have turned out good, I can't control tomorrow but as for today things are on schedule.

Through this trial God has been on my side.  I have to believe he has not brought me this far to fail.  He has shown me clear signs of his goodness.  Yesterday while talking to one of the individuals involved that knows absolutely NOTHING about my mother called me Olivia. It threw me for a loop it even shocked him, and said oh no I mean Vanessa.  I didn't even tell him that was my mother's name.  God is present all the time.  At the moment he called me Olivia I was so shocked it took my focus off anger and anxiety and our conversation was cordial as it should have been.  Today he sent me an email with the information needed and  extended me an extension without me even having to ask.  That's not me That's God.!

I praise God for having Godly friends, last night I spent the evening with my bible study group at Nicole's.  It had been a long trialing day at work and in my personal life.  Going there celebrating God was an awesome experience.  Far better than going home, keeping my thoughts on God is what I have to do.  We had so much fun fellowshipping.  God always shows up and gives us what we need.

Today I continue to be positive about life.  I plan to run 4 miles this evening, I look forward to it.  It looks rainy but hopefully we can get our walk/run on.

Chat with you soon !

No comments:

Post a Comment