Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"No Buy" update

Lord You are ever present in my life.  You are magnificent in all Your glory.  I love You and honor You. I want to be obedient to Your word.  Living in Your will and spreading the gospel.  Lord I want my life to be an example to others.  Lord use me !  Thank You Lord !

I thought this was a cool, since I am on a "No Buy"


If you follow this blog you know I have been on a serious "NO Buy" for the past several months.  Only purchasing items that I really need.  I am working to gain self control in my life as I have mentioned before I have addictive behaviors.  Not for drugs or alcohol but finding pleasure in eating and shopping.  So as I worked on implementing self control with my eating I felt the need to stop shopping so much !

Now I must confess I have shopped but not to the extreme that I had been.  This last weekend I did go into the new resale store and picked up a few items. I know I know !  But I did feel the need to reward myself.  I have not purchased makeup and only cosmetics that I really need. Even when I ran out of my facial moisturizer instead of purchasing the cream I used another brand I had already.

I am seeing that working in the area of self control is a process and it is a challenge but so worth it.


If this is an area in which you are struggling pray about it and try it.


   NCBF team walk/run is tonight at 6:30 we meet at Shaker Library.  Come on Ladies and "Get it In"

No comments:

Post a Comment