Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, August 20, 2012

5k OROC (OutRun Ovarian Cancer)

Finish Line - 5K run for OROC -  45 minutes 2 seconds
Praise Him !!

Lord You continue to give me strength on my day to day to face  EVERYTHING.  For this I thank You.  I thank You for the miracles that show me Your magnificent power.  Lord I am so grateful !  Continue to strengthen me and so many more like me that want to be healthy vessels for your service Lord.  AMEN


This past Saturday the 18th of August, I ran a 5K which equals 3.1 miles.
I ran it with some of the team members from GoneGirlGo and go did we.  We ran our race !  Each of us at our own pace but as members of a team.  GoneGirlGo pushes you to move out of your comfort zone and into the not so familiar territory.  It helps you to believe you can do what you set out to do with excellence.  If you are interested in hearing more about GoneGirlGo the website was launched today by founder Zoe Brown, check it out at www.gonegirlgo.com.
I love her excitement for life it is so refreshing.

This race was so inspiring, what you don't see in the photo above is a woman a survivor of ovarian cancer who came across the finish line with me.  Long story short.  about 1/4 of a mile before the finish line I grew weary, and up behind me came a woman who said I will run it with you  I looked to my right and she had on a colored t shirt which represented the surviors.  I asked her if she was a survivor and she said yes.  This RIGHT here pushed to go extra, because if she could do I surely could do it with her helping me.  I almost got emotional but I held it together and we crossed the finish line together.  I will ask Zoe if she still has uncropped version of photo.  God is so amazing to send this woman to me with such inspiration !  She even said to me if you need to walk I will walk with you and I said no we can RUN !  Praise God !  Praise Him !  
This is the team after the race - we were so happy the race was over, now we were trying to decide where to  EAT !
Check out the look Sage Zoe's son is giving us.  Clearly he is ready to get things moving LOL  I met some new people Keyna and we work for the same company.  She's my new BFF and a wonderful woman of God.  Then we have Juanita who has a sense of humor out of this world, amazing woman who drove to Cleveland that morning at 4:00 a.m. to get here for the race.  She is from Stebenville (sp)
Me and Zoe founder of GoneGirlGo before the race sizing things up
and chatting it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment