Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Plan & Intervention - Create Healthy Habits


Lord I thank You !  I thank You !  I thank You !  I thank You for Peace !  I thank You for being a loving and caring God.  I thank You for being present in my life, for keeping me standing and with the courage to face this day.  Amen !

Well Well Well !  Yesterday was awesome so is today.  Each day God gives me on this earth is so special, it gives me an opportunity to be used by God, allowing me to live in my purpose.  Each day I seek to see what it is God wants me to do.  I make sure I have special time with the Lord and build an intimate relationship.  I work to keep God in my thoughts so that what comes out by my actions and words are God like.

On Saturday while at Chucke Cheese with my grandson I lost focus of God.  I knew it the instant it happened.  I snapped at one of the workers at the counter.  She approached me to what I considered disrespectful.  She assumed I was stealing salad from the salad bar, and asked to see my receipt.  I looked at her with eyes that were sharp enough to kill, and I lashed out at her, saying some wrong type of stuff.  When I presented her with my paid receipt I felt like super woman !  I was SO wrong. I felt so ugly so unlady like, so ungodly.  I knew I was out of sorts by the way she looked back at me, and I immediately calmed down.  It felt so ugly being out of God’s will.  When I have mediated on God’s word I respond to this type of situation in such a humbly manner.  Lord forgive me !  I did not represent Christ in that minute, that could have been an opportunity to show Godliness.  Even after I got back to my table and calmed down I had an opportunity to apologize to her and I didn’t my pride did not allow me to.  Lord forgive me !  Please don’t judge me J  Pray for me !
                                                         
On Monday evenings I meet with a bible study group made up of Nicole, Diane, and Theresa, last night we had good discussion on God as our provider and we ventured into the discussion of forgiveness.  Such a good discussion I walked out with a new perspective on someone I need to forgive.  Someone who is wanting to reenter my life after about 7 years (it is not a man) LOL  I now have the tools I need to address this individual in hopes of sharing the gospel with her.  God is so amazing !  Thank You Lord !

OK !  I started my day off with a good breakfast, 2 eggs, steel cut oatmeal (1 ½ cups) and my Ice Coffee (my coffee is my friend) J  I took my vitamins/supplements and began my day in a good way.  I am focusing on God and keeping my thoughts of God.  I will be doing boot camp this evening and my 4 mile walk/run (Couch to 5K).  

Goals and Interventions - I feel this is a good time to review my plan.  Have you developed a plan for yourself ?  If so comment me and share your plan, you may have advice that can help me or others, as none of us are experts at this.

Goal 1Lose 10 lbs  -  No specific date (ASAP who am I kidding) LOL
               Thus far since July 1st I have lost 9 of those 10 lbs.  I choose to do
               10 lbs at a time to keep my goal attainable and realistic.  
Intervention 1 (Plan) – 1) Boot camp (cardio) 3 to 5 times per week
                                        2) Run/walk 3xs per week and or treadmill
                                        3) Hoola hoop (YES) and Jump Rope 2x per week
                                        4) Follow meal plan

Goal 2Tone up arms, abs and thighs – (total body)
Intervention 1 (Plan)-   1) Personal Trainer – meet 2x per week
2)      Pump iron in the gym when possible

Goal 3 -   Feel and be Healthy – Exercise and workout
1)      Follow meal plan
a)      eliminate sugar and bread
b)      eliminate red meat
c)      Whole foods
d)      Eliminate fast foods and
                                                              Processed foods
e)      drink lots and lots of water
f)         take vitamins/supplements
g)      drink smoothie with protein for
                                                               dinner at least 3x per week


Having a plan is significant, planning and following through helps to make good habits that will be with you as a lifestyle.  Putting this on paper for me helps me to have a point of reference.  Now I must admit I do stray from this sometimes, but I follow it closely.  I am always learning new things about me and my body and modifying my plan. 

I do a lot of logging, I log my exercises at the bottom of my daily food journal, at the beginning of each week on my desk calendar I write down my workouts so that I can work in my workouts with my lifestyle. 

Living a healthy lifestyle requires a lot of work, mentally, physically and spiritually.  It takes sacrifice.  I scarified my hairstyle that I enjoyed for the convenience of wearing braids.  Braids now work better for my active lifestyle, it frees up my time in the a.m. when I am rushing off to a 7 a.m. training session and I have to be at work at 9:00 a.m.  It allows me to workout harder without having to worry about sweating out my hair.  I know you FEEL me ladies J

I don’t enjoy getting up rushing out to see a trainer early in the morning, but it fits in my lifestyle.  It allows me to have my evenings open for Prayer Service and Life Group which are my priorities.

Sacrifice Commitment Dedication -  With God’s strength YOU can reach your goal. 
 
Holler at me if you hear what I am saying and you want to reach your goals.  If I can be of any help please leave a comment, inbox my face book, or email me at vanessajordan79@yahoo.com.    We can be a support to one another !  Remember none of us are experts at this, we learn from one another.

I hope laying out a Goal and Intervention helps you (my social work skills come in handy) LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment