Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Running/Trotting or Walking - We are Doing It

8-9-12 walk/run @ Euclid Creek



Lord You are mighty, You give me strength when I think I can go no further.  You work in me in a mighty way in ways that only You can.  I marvel at Your power and know that it is only YOU, Only YOU, only YOU that blesses me.

This evening, we had an amazing run.  We worked it out.

I was able to run the entire 5 miles or you may call it trotting along.  I was pleased with going to the next level of fitness.  It really felt good.  I listened to some jazz and zoned out and ran my race.  Sis Brenda did some running too.  Andrea also did some running.  We are all working at our own levels and supporting one another.  It is so nice to see the progress we are all making.  We are all putting the work in and getting results.  This is so encouraging, it makes me want to go out for a run tomorrow.  For me the difference in walking in running is that it puts me in my target zone for burning fat.  My body had got use to walking so I needed to make some changes.  I want to give all praises to God for giving me the strength.  God amazes me.

While at the top of the hill I saw the Black Girl Run I had never seen them in person only on facebook.  They inspire me as their movement is to get black women up and running/walking.  


Every morning my Trainer sends out a message of the day to his clients, check it out "We all have things we desire.  We all have things that we would like to have or achieve.  These are called wishes.  Achievers set goals.  The difference between a goal is a specific destination reached from a course of action.  Wishes exist in the mind.  Goals are on paper.  Today turn your wishes into goals."

I agree seeing the plan on paper gives you a point of reference and keep you focused.  As I mentioned in a few blogs back I log several things, I have a weight loss chart, I log in my weight loss every Saturday.  I log my foods daily (most days it is the same), I revisit my plan and modify as needed.   On Mondays I chart out my exercise days being specific in what I am doing.

Now the weekend is coming !  It's Friday It's Friday !  On the weekend I tend to have something that is not on my meal plan.  This happens because I am a social butterfly and I am usually in fellowship with others.  My slips are not too crazy but they are slip ups.  Last weekend I had some pizza while at Chucke Cheese with my grandson.  Friday night I had 2 ribs after an event (red meat) NO NO !  I am writing this to bring this to my awareness !  So that I am more conscious of my eating this weekend.

I cannot walk Sunday a.m. at my usual 7 a.m. til 8 a.m. as I serve in two early morning ministeries (bulletin stuffing and the nursery.  So I will do a run in the evening.  Saturday morning I will do a 7:15 a.m. bootcamp and then go to a all day ministry meeting.  This means I need to plan my meals, and pack some healthy snacks to tuck away in my purse.  I will most likely take a apple and a protein bar and maybe pop some popcorn.  I will also bring a salad.

Planning and Preparation go hand in hand, while living a healthy lifestyle.

I pray everyone has a wonderfully blessed healthy weekend !  See ya !

No comments:

Post a Comment