Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Who Does This !

http://www.hermescleveland.com/roadracing/events/milesforsmiles.asp   Race registration for Labor Day !  Go ahead and register 9-3-12.


This Boot Camp class is tonight - Come on out and join us !   Instructed by our very own  Sis Falanda !
                                         
8-21-12 - TEAM NCBF - Group is growing - largest turnout ever



Lord God I am so grateful to You.  I cannot express my gratitude.  Lord thank You for allowing me to build a deeper relationship with You.  This relationship has been built  through the storms of my life.  They have made me so much stronger.  For this I thank You, knowing You as I do, experiencing Your love is wonderful.  I thank You so much !  Lord continues to build me up, allow those around me to seek out deeper relationships with You.  I want them to know Your love.  Lord a special prayer for my dear friend who’s faith is weak, she is doubting your love.  Lord give me patience with her and give me the kindness and understanding I need to share Your love.  Patience Lord ! 

Yes today is hump day !  I got off to a good start this morning.  Met with my personal trainer at 7:00 a.m.  Workouts are tough, as he explains it I am getting rid of the weak.  I do understand, in order to get strong I have to see myself as strong and push into my workouts and realize the burn is good.  This workout is so different from cardio. 

During cardio workouts I feel fatigued and I can modify my moves to keep me in a comfortable level.  Working with my trainer, there is no down time, I have to do the mechanics,  correct posture and complete my repetitions strong.  Today he handed me a towel to wipe away the sweat.  I don’t even sweat this much doing cardio or running.  These workouts are building my endurance which is helping me to run.  At my cool down on the treadmill  I was at 3.5 which is what I do at home, but he put the incline on 7., I would NOT do this at home.  I was in my target zone of burning for these 10 minutes and burned 100 calories.  No telling how many I burned during the weight training. 

He had me do 3 sets of deep swats, he said I did them well.  I am use to them from boot camp, but the ones he has me to do are lower, I actually have to sit my rump down for a second on a 12 inch box.  Now along the way he asked me how I am feeling and on one machine my left arm was not comfortable it was not in pain but it was not comfortable for the lift.  So he took me off of it and put me on another machine that worked the same muscles.  WOW.  Right now my arms are sore, but I know this means it is working.  So for this I am pleased. 

Now I see him Monday and Wednesday, I have entered into an agreement with a sister who trains and I will be joining her and others on Friday morning at 6:30.  YES, Who does this?   She is a personal trainer and this is her day of workout so I am joining her session.  It will be different from my Monday Wednesday sessions as she does not do machines.  I am excited.  Now I am not sure how much longer I will be doing my boot camp, all this gets expensive, I will see. 
Let’s look at this:  Boot camp – 5 to 6 days per week
                                Run – Tues/Thurs/Sat or Sun
                                Personal Trainer – Mon and Wednesday
                                Personal Trainer – Friday

                                Things I can do at home:  Treadmill, hoola hoop, kettle ball, video, weights.  Now will I do them at home sometimes. J

I want to see how Friday goes, I need to work smarter, getting the most out of my workouts, burning more fat/calories in a more efficient time and keeping cost in mind.

I know if I cut anything it will be boot camp, which is hard on my body, and am I really pushing myself to benefit.  I will decide within a month.  

Tonight I will be attending Falonda’s boot camp at All About You  Fitness, tonight is free.  I am excited about her venture and passion to help women get fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment