Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Praise Him in Advance

Lord You are so faithful, so very faithful !  I trust you in everything !  Everything !  You are an awesome God.  I give You ALL the glory and the honor that you deserve.  Lord You have given me so much Peace during this storm You have taken me through and I am standing.  You show me favor when I think I don't deserve it.  You hold me up and keep me moving forward. You give me test for testimony.  Lord allow my life to be used for Your Glory !
Today was great !  Super !  Amazing !  and Miraculous !  God showed his hand of favor in my life today.  I have been dealing with something personal for the past few months.  God has been so faithful.  There were times during this storm that I was scared but I would always remember that God does not give me the spirit of fear, this helped me so much.  I would also hold on to knowing that whatever the outcome that it will be God's will.  Knowing this helped me to deal with the unknown consequence.  Also I knew from the Word that God would provide for me.  I  believe God's word and in believing I was able to get through the storm with the minimum about of anxiety/worry.  I did say minimum because at times worries came to my mind and I was able to push it out and keep pushing on.
My current storm is reflected in this statement.  Only God could have moved in my current storm.  Only Him !

I notice has I am going through this particular storm I did not turn to FOOD.  Because if I had I would have gained a significant amount of weight.  In the past I turned to food to give me peace and comfort.  I turned to God and asked for strength and He directed my path, I chose healthier foods and exercised to reduce stress.  God help me turn this storm into a good.  I have not stated what the storm is so you haven't missed anything :)  Just know that God is working it all out you know I am transparent and will have to share God's goodness.  I love to see God work !  I absolutely love it !  So amazing.

Tonight's Group Link was awesome.  Everything from my point of view went amazingly well.  Others that came to our table discussed the event and felt it was awesome and well done.  I like the speed dating model.  It keep things moving right along.  We were blessed to have several ladies sign up for Life Group.  Overall it was a very successful event.  I did not know what to expect from the event but it was awesome, lots of people came out with a desire to find a life group, seeking God's word.

I will tell this one thing being a part of Fit for the King truly helps to keep me accountable with my fitness program.  Again God is amazing, He puts me where He needs me to be to help myself and others.  I want to be a blessing to other women by example and sharing God's word.

I am excited about the upcoming Life Group season.  I am thanking God for sending women to us that have a desire to be obedient to the word regarding self control, gluttony and honoring their bodies.  I know that when I feel better about myself I have a clearer focus on God.  I am not so focused on me, I am able to help others better.

Last night I saw some of the ladies from our NCBF walk/run team.  They are so amazing.  We have a good bond to one another, encouraging each other along the way.  God has brought us together and we are grateful.  We have a beautiful design for our t-shirts for the Labor Day race.  The excitement is building !!!!

This Saturday I will participating in the OROC race for ovarian cancer.  I am on the team of Gonegirlgo, I am excited.  Yesterday I picked up the team's bib and t-shirts.  YEAH !  The race facilators were so nice at the Gathering Place in Beachwood.  There was excitement in the air.  They said they reached a record enrollment for teams that had signed up.  I believe she said there were 59 teams and tons of individual racers.  We meet at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so if you want to cheer us on come on down.  I believe the race starts at 9:00 a.m.

I am so exciting about what God is doing in all of our lives.  I was telling a couple of ladies that stopped by our table at Group Link that God has surrounded me with like minded people. Having this support has been amazing.  I have learned so much !

Last night I worked to also recruit some speaker to come to our class and share and I think I got one.  Keep this in prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment