Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Master Cleanse - Not for Me !


Items needed for "Master Cleanse"  the Smooth Move I will continue to use  ! It can be purchased at Whole Foods 



Lord You are so worthy !  I praise Your Holy Name.  You are above ALL !  I am so grateful that You are the creator of All.  Thank You Lord !  Amen !

WOW yesterday was a good day.  I want to talk about the Master Cleanse, well I failed.  I attempted it on Sunday and drank the mix for breakfast and then had lunch (salad) and then dinner I drank the mix.  I drank the cleansing Tea, which I really like it is called “Smooth Move”.  All I will say is that it WORKS !  I don’t recommend drinking it nightly but maybe once a week for a deep cleansing of the bowels.  Ughhhh Yeah  !  Enough said !  

Now I want to lose some pounds and like a lot of people I want to lose it fast, I am sure I would lose weight if I continued and disciplined myself do to so.  The thing with the Master Cleanse is that you are drinking 3 meals a day no food and then drinking a laxative tea nightly and they also recommend a Sea Salt drink (laxative) in the a.m.

On Monday morning I drank the mix for breakfast and mentally I could have stuck with it.  But  I like the idea of nourishing my body with wholesome foods. I like to EAT !   I looked at some You Tube videos for those in support of “the cleanse” and others who did not recommend it. 

I did learn a few important things, cayenne pepper helps suppress the appetite.  I may every now and again drink the mix on a day I am gonna be at a function where there is lots of food temptations.  Next thing is I found out about “smooth moves” laxative tea.  It does what it title implies.  I do not recommend daily as you DON’T want to become dependent on laxatives as a weight loss method, totally UNHEALTHY. 

What I do want to say is the “Master Cleanse” is for those that have the mind set, I enjoy food, the fellowship of food and making healthy choices, on Sunday the mix suppressed my appetite I was not hungry when I went to dinner but I wanted to have dinner with my family.  Yesterday I wanted to have dinner with a friend so that required food.  It is just not for ME.  Others have been successful.  If you want more info do some research before trying it, wonderful videos on You Tube.

Exercise : Yesteday I did ipump with Dee at Nulife, awesome workout.  I was a bit tired, but I got through it.  We worked on arms which I needed to focus on.  Things that I can do at home also.  This a.m. I did a 30 second plank.  I will build up to 45 seconds then 1 minute.
Excellent Core exercise -start out by holding 30 seconds and build up to 45 then  1 minute


 I have not done planks while at Nulife and planks are excellent for the core, I do a decent job doing them and don’t want to lose the ability of doing them. I force myself on the floor before I bathe and “Get it In”. 

Tonight I will be doing my boot camp at Nulife and then meeting the NCBF team for our 4.1 mile walk.  I am expecting good things this evening.  Burn Baby Burn !  The fellowship is AWESOME !

I have not used the jump rope yet :)  

I am working to get my water intake in today !  Pray for me !

See ya !

No comments:

Post a Comment