Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Order our Steps


Lord You and only You give me strength to move forward, through the storms of life.  You give me the courage to pick up and start over, You renew me daily.  I am so grateful !

Yesterday was a day I will always remember.  I had two awesome workouts back to back.  I did 45 minutes of cardio where I challenged my 53 year old body.  I jumped rope.  Yes !  This is week three of my boot camp experience at Nulife and each week the instructors gives us the task of jumping rope for 3 minutes 2 times.  Well the first week I tried and I was a awful mess, but each week I tried.  Yesterday I did high runs while others jumped rope.  I focused on what I could do at that moment.  Then for the 2 time I said I am gonna at least try.  I amazed MYSELF and the instructor, I could not believe I was jumping rope, well I had to be real careful of my right foot.  I jumped for rope real nicely, not for the entire 3 minutes, but it was much much better than the previous weeks.  The instructor looked at me with amazed eyes, it had to make her feel good to watch the improvement.  It was a win for the both of us.
July 24, 2012 - NCBF - Order Our Steps - Getting Ready to "Get It In"
                                                       
Ok so then, I got out of boot camp and I had 15 minutes to get from there to Shaker to walk with the NCBF team.  I made it and I walked/jog for 4 miles.  It was amazing, the encouragement, support and fellowship.  We cheer one another along as we come across the finish line, even traffic was blowing cheering us on.  Saturday we have a 5K some of us will be able to make.  I will be there, ready for my first 5K.  I have registered for another one next month.

We gave lots of hugs to Blondell to keeps us encouraged with her inspiration.  She gave her a card with a love offering to show our LOVE.  Sis Falonda is a major factor in this walk, she is a good organizer and encourager, she is opening a boot camp on August 15th.  I am so excited.  I will give my support to her as she is doing it from the heart.  She wants to bless others !  God is so good to all of us.  I look at this group of Godly women honoring    God's word and being obedient in honoring our bodies.

Today I will doing bootcamp IPump where there is 30 minutes of cardio then 15 minutes of pumping iron.  He goes wonder ab work, wonderful.  I have been accountable to myself by working out daily.  I am grateful I have not given up on myself.  I keep trying which takes courage.  All Glory be to God.  I feel so good, I wish I could spread the feeling around :)  What I can say is come on get into it and take care of yourself, for me it is the life of abundance.

I have not had read meat this week, Praise God. Praise God !  For dinner the past two evening I have had smoothie with protein/fat burner.  My weight loss goal for this week is 2 to 3 lbs.  This is a healthy range of weight loss.

I want to thank God for eliminating my cravings for crazy foods that are not healthy.  For allowing me to cut back and exercise no matter what storm I have been presented with this week.  I am relying on God not emotional eating to carry me through.

We are getting tshirt and I think we came up with "Order our Steps" as the wording.  We will see !

No comments:

Post a Comment