Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, July 23, 2012

No Excuses !

http://youtu.be/yxcYdYMVUPs
That's me finishing up my walk/run at Euclid Creek  on Thursday
Praise God !  Praise God !

Lord when I listen I am amazed at how You work and guide my life.  You are so good to me.  I thank You for be ever present in my life.  I am wanting to be more obedient to Your will.  I thank You for Your many blessings !

Well I had a totally amazing weekend.  Hawaiian Lula (sp) on Saturday was so much fun.  There were many food temptations and other temptations, but I was able to keep it classy.  My major temptation was wine, watching others drink it was difficult, but I was able to pass it up.  I passed up the cake, it did not look good, but in the past I would have eaten it just because it was sugary. 

I drank an abundance of water the entire weekend, no diet soda at all.  My body began to crave it as I drank it.  I went to Weber’s Health store and pickup some psyllum husk, B vitamin complex and a chocolate protein powder.  These are the things that I will begin to incorporate.  I began taking the B complex ( Dr. Oz recommendation), I have the psyllum husk that I will mix into water around 3:00 p.m.  First of all psyllum husk is fiber which expands in the stomach and serves to keep you feeling full.  What I have learned about myself is that around 2:30 or 3:00 I begin to feel hungry.  I am praying this will help decrease the appetite.  It is a healthy food suppressant.  The fiber will help with the digestive system and keep me feeling full, it’s a win win. 

I need more B12 in the liquid form, I will pick some up this week.  I can’t remember what it does, but I use it, I believe it helps with the metabolishm. 

New for me, I will begin making smoothies, I have my protein powder, but I need to do some research, I think I want banana and strawberries and my fruit.  I may use Rice milk as my base, I will also add some peanut butter and/or yam.  Yes this will serve as my dinner, with lots of water.  I should have all the ingredients by Wednesday.  I am giving up red meat in my diet and so this would work as a excellent dinner.  I will also make some smoothies with veggies; spinach.  I have to do some research. 

Yes no for the good news – I dropped 3 lbs at my Saturday weight in.  Meaning I have lost 7 lbs since July 1st.  I am 15 lbs away from my 1st Nulife goal.  I am so excited about this.  The workout there are awesome.  I am beginning to make some friends there and this is cool.  It is good to have others to talk about healthy living.  I believe you need to surround yourself with good people in your life in general.  Positive people, Godly people. 

Yesterday I had my hair put into Kinky Twist, yes my hair was a double hot mess.  I feel so good about my decision.  I can workout now and not worry about the sweat, I can rinse my braids in the shower and keep moving.  I have been checking out You Tube and there are several hairdos.  I think tonight I will be putting them on rods to have a more curly look.  I think !  I like the crinkly but I like curls we will see. 

This Saturday at 9:00 a.m. I will be doing a 5K run/walk with the ladies of NCBF.  It will be a blast.  Oh yeah I need to register so I don’t have to pay full price on the day of.  Next month on the 18th I am doing another 5K run/walk for Ovarian Cancer.  I sure am glad I got these braids. We also walk on Tuesday and Thursday.

Last week I kept my plan of working out daily, yesterday I almost blew it.  I missed my 7 a.m. walk with two of my friends because I was washing my hair to have it braided.  So if you have had braids you know that is a long day of sitting.  Around 7:00 p.m. I said I need to get up and keep my goal.  So at 7:30 p.m. I put on my workout gear and hit the pavement.  I did 3 miles and when I got home I was happy.  I did some running, I am not as winded when I run now. 

I will keep this promise to myself this week.  I have a hectic week, but isn’t every week, I will make no excuses.  I will workout daily.  I felt so good after my walk yesterday, I kept my promise to myself.  I was true to myself.  It felt good, I held myself accountable.

See you !  If you have questions ask me or leave a comment. Take Care !

No comments:

Post a Comment