Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Healthy Choice




LORD thank you for new mercies.  I woke up this morning ready to be positive about today.  Thank You for giving me the strength to get up today and face today with courage and energy.  Lord I thank You.  Bless Our family as we prepare a celebration for Chris’ memory.  Lord we love You so much !

Yesterday I ate according to my meal plan.  Was it easy, NO.  I wanted an unhealthy snack so bad, something sweet and something crunchy.  I didn’t have it, I went to the frig and pulled out strawberries.  I ate two and it helped me so much.  I knew I wasn’t hungry but my mind was telling me I needed some unhealthiness. 

At that moment I CHOOSE HEALTHY.  After my choice I felt so good that I was able to put the self control in place.  I know that if I make a unhealthy choice my results will not be good.  Knowing me I would have spiraled into a binge.  You see I can’t eat one or two I have to have it all.  I know I want the scale to be in my favor this weekend so I choose healthy. I know I want to zip my dresses so I choose healthy.  I know I want to be healthy so I choose healthy.

Yesterday, I reevaluated my progress and my eating plan.  I was able to make some substitutions that I could live with.  You see I have to be able to like what I am eating, so with my breakfast I made some modifications so that I could include another snack during my day.  I cut out banana and substituted with a few strawberries.  I cut out scrambled eggs and now boil my eggs and eat only the whites.  Doing this I can have another snack.  My extra snack for today is GoLEAN Crunchy Chocolate Almond bar.  I am excited about it. 

You see sometimes you just have to sit back look at the situation and modify.  It was easy and I can live with the change.

EXERCISE :  Last night after my hair appt.  I went home and relaxed and ate a good healthy dinner.  Tonight I will be walk running with the ladies of NCBF at Euclid Creek.  I am ready to “get it in”.

NO BUY – I am doing good.  Yesterday I picked up a necklace while I was at the beauty shop it was 10 bucks and it is a really cute accessory.  I justified it by swamping out my scrambled eggs I usually pick up every morning at Stone Oven which cost about 3 bucks and I now boil my eggs at home.  So it worked out for me.  I know I should not have gotten the necklace but at the time it felt ok it was within reason, I haven’t shopped in months for only necessary items. 

Again I will be ordering my facial products which are pricey, but I have not had them in a few months using other less expensive products that I have.  As a result my skin does not have the same glow J  So I see it is a necessity. 

Also I will be investing in some good walking and aerobic shoes I need them to give me the support I need as I workout.  Mine are down to the rubber.  I will buying these products not all at one time working it into a budget.


No comments:

Post a Comment